Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mustang Price Negotiations

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 07:05 AM
tenwatt

wow. didn't mean to start a Ford Vs Chevy thing here. I think their both great cars.

anyway I heard back from first Ford dealer who I questioned on why their A-Plan price is higher than other's "sale price". He talked around the issue and didn't give me a straight answer. He did share a couple of nuggets.

One is that he claims A-Plan is a standard price set by ford that is $800-$900 below invoice. X-Plan is a couple hundred dollars above invoice. He also said if someone came in and claimed A-Plan but didn't have a PIN that they would just sell them the car at invoice. use that info how you will.

I'm headed to the dealer with the lower sale price to see what they can do in about an hour. I'll post any numbers I can get out of them.

by the way I drove a second Camaro SS yesterday and had them work up some numbers. WOW, I could seriously lease a Porsche for what they want ($700+ a month, $3k down). Made me think that since Pontiac is offering 0% for 72months I should be considering the G8 GXP(if I can find one) and Mustang GT
Old 10-24-2009, 09:23 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

No war needed indeed.
I think they will improve the Camaro where need to be.
Overall, it's not a bad looking car and has a decent punch to it.
Same with the Challenger... good looking car but it's a tank! Too damn heavy...

The big 3 need to make their muscle cars a bit smaller but especially lighter.
Now is the time, since everyone and even the government talk about fuel efficiency...
Old 10-24-2009, 11:00 AM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

No war intended folks, lighten up. Just stating things as I see it, and stating we have something we can be proud of with our vehicle line.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:16 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

After all the rebates ford is giving on new 09 gts, I couldn't find any without all the unnecessary options (2k for a glass roof?)

After working the numbers and financing, it was cheaper and more financially responsible to get a base 2010, than a loaded 2009. Per month, the 2010 is a good 50 dollars less, and its not depreciating like crazy either (for now haha)
Old 10-24-2009, 05:47 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

I guess you just have to look harder. Instead of driving all over the place, I used Fords website to do the searching for me and I just kept changing things around till I found what I wanted. I also kept going further and further out till I found mine. Even though I had to drive 45 minutes to get to that dealer, I knew I wasn't going to go back there afterwards so it didn't matter.

If you are willing to take a base 2010, then why are you looking for a loaded 2009? You have to compare apples to apples. I know using myself as an example, I got the car I wanted and saved a good $7-8K easily. I got mine for around $20K while the new 2010 PP are listing from $27K in my area, and a buddy of mine in New York says they are going for $30K over there. Also, cars always depreciate, don't fool yourself that the 09 will drop more than the 10s. ALL cars, the minute you drive off the lot loose a good $3-4K that fast. Find and buy the car you want, not the car you think will be worth more cause that is a loosing game. I bought mine knowing I will hang on to it for at least 10 years (unless it's a real lemon, which I sure as hell hope it isn't), so it doesn't really matter to me what anyones opinion is cause I have my own plan. My last car I wound up holding on to it for 17 years, LOL!
Old 10-24-2009, 10:35 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

I looked, the closest model to the one I wanted (o9) was in florida, and after transporting the car up,the price was too high, not to mention the ford finance rates were still terrible.

I got better financing on a 2010, and you must be out of your mind, if you think that the 09's won't depreciate faster then the 2010, aside from the new year, its also a different body style, and a more refined ride. I went base 2010 because I didn't want all the bells and whistles, like a glass roof. 2k dollars so I can look up every once in a while when i'm not driving? no thanks.

Here in new jersey, I got the 2010 for 500 over invoice, not over 30k. I'm not trying to make money off of a car, that's nonsense, but what i'm not willing to do is make financially irresponsible moves, that will put me in a car with options I don't need, with a payment that is 50 dollars too high.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:29 AM
Lovecheese

I take it I got a deal on my 2010 Mustang. Paid 25878 OTD with no taxes.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:26 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I really like the Grabber Blue color...definitely one that I could own.

The 2010's in my area are selling pretty ok right now. I think you could probably negotiate some, but not too much right now.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:58 PM
tenwatt

So I just cut a deal for a White 2010 GT Premium Manual with 3.73 Axle, 18" polished alum wheels, Brick Red Cashmere interior. BUT the kicker is that the dealer had installed 20" HD Singature Autobahn Rims, Kumho tires and a Flowmaster exhaust. (I got the factory wheels also)

The MSRP on the car was $33,230 and my out the door price with A-plan was $31,100. They had it restickered with the aftermarket parts for $38,000.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:18 PM
redrocker66

I've been shopping for a new Mustang for the last couple weeks. Got my eye on a Torch Red, Black Leather/Cashmere, Auto, Security, Comfort, 19" Painted, Accessory Pkg. 5. I might check into getting white racing stripes added at some point. This could be my "ideal" Mustang, if I wasn't so hooked on a Black/Brick Red leather combination which I can't seem to find anywhere. At any rate, there's a small local dealer looking for me, and this red Mustang (which I actually found on my own, and they found also) is in a town 500 miles away. This dealership that has the car has the following on their website: MSRP: $36,525 ePrice: $31,849 Their ePrice sounds pretty good, doesn't it? What are the odds that I'll get it from my local dealer for that (after they do some sort of car swap). Should I just drive my 2005 F-150 up there 500 miles and work a deal? I know what my truck is worth and neither dealer is going to steal it from me.

Second question: what are the odds that the special interest rates and rebates get sweetened in a few days? Should I wait?

Thanks!

Rod

Quick Reply: New Mustang Price Negotiations