Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-20-2015, 10:11 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Brakes
Print Wikipost

stuck TCS,Low brake fluid, and stuck e-brake light problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 07:40 PM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

Default stuck TCS,Low brake fluid, and stuck e-brake light problems

Hey guys I did a search and thought that I found what I needed but it turns out that I still have the problem. The other day I got in my car to go home and when I cranked my car it said on the message board low brake fluid. So I was like ok thats weird I just checked it a few days prior. Then I noticed that my traction control light was on on my dash (the car with the tire track marks). So I looked over at my TCS button and it said off. I hadn't even pushed it yet. So I tried to push it and nothing happened. So I then put the e-brake down to start on my way home and noticed that the e-brake light on my dash wouldn't go away, even after several attempts of going up and down with the handle. So I get on here and search and found a thread were a guy had all the same problems that just popped up as well. Towards the end of the thread another person chimed in and said that he had the same problem and said that it was a TSB on the mustangs. It was TSB 19296 which came up as a defective ground No. G101 in the abs circuit. So I take this info to my dealer and they check it out today and said that nothing was loose or defective. But of course the morning I take it to them the lights had went back to normal. So when I got back home and later tried to go somewhere the lights came back on just like they did before. I have no clue what to do now. I was wondering though how would you test for a defective ground? I guess I am going to take it to another dealer and have them check it out. I am really nervous with the dealerships touching my car because it is so moddifed. I don't want them to mess something up. I do make sure to tell them what not to touch or do. What a pain in the butt this is becoming. I was just curious if anyone has had this problem as well, or if anyone could help. Thanks
heres the other thread on the subject
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ing-brake.html
Old 09-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Did you re-check your brake fluid level? The brake warning light serves two functions. It indicates when your parking brake is on and also indicates when your brake fluid level is low. The TCS relies on the brakes to work. Just some thoughts.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:16 AM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Art161
Did you re-check your brake fluid level? The brake warning light serves two functions. It indicates when your parking brake is on and also indicates when your brake fluid level is low. The TCS relies on the brakes to work. Just some thoughts.
yeah the brake fluid level is fine.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:20 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Here is what you need to diagnose the problem yourself....

I take it your SJB is not wet AND CORRODDED?
Fricken caps lock...
Old 11-09-2009, 08:21 PM
zed88

Did you ever get this fixed? Mine is doing the exact same thing now. I checked and cleaned the g101 point. Did you have a bad speed sensor or something else?
Old 11-12-2009, 04:18 AM
chadlet
2nd Gear Member

I just experienced this same problem yesterday on my car. I just finished installing a paxton HO kit but never touched the brake system this past weekend. I do have a line lock installed but that was done a year ago. Where is g101 contact point everyone is talking about?
Old 11-21-2009, 12:09 AM
zed88

Here's the link to the diagram: http://www.justanswer.com/view_image...ang_Ground.png Let us know how it goes. It fixed all my problems by cleaning it up and then replacing. The diagram is right behind the headlights, and can be accessed from both the top and bottom of the car. And then when you finish make sure to disconnect the battery for a 1/2 hour.

Last edited by zed88; 11-21-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:50 AM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

well they checked that ground at the dealership first but it wasn't the problem. So they replaced my abs module and all was fine for a week then it did it again. But it only did it once and hasn't happen again. If it happens again It's going back to the dealer.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:28 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Its a time bomb, you SJB, that is....
Old 11-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Such words of comfort...

Quick Reply: stuck TCS,Low brake fluid, and stuck e-brake light problems