Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying first Aftermarket Hood.. Need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 05:15 AM
Vectorpat
2nd Gear Member

I still havent put mine on. I want to do the mod to put them on the wipers, i think its on this sight somewhere.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:29 PM
CLOONEY

OK ill look around.... I am thinking about getting some hood pins that are used for function and not appearance. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 10-18-2009, 01:45 AM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Washer relocation that comes with Cervini absolutely sucks. I went with the CDC kit that puts washers on the wiper arms. It works. Their instructions suck and and I did a better job using my own methods.

Search the forums - some have figured out the CDC kit can be recreated for just a few dollars. Seriously, just a few dollars instead of $60.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:15 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
Cervini comes with a under hood kit and I tried it at first and it totally sucked. One beam of water would hit the bottom edge of the windshield and the other would squirt over the top of the car. And if you tried bending the sprayers to adjust, they'd just crimp and pinch off the flow.

I ended up using the CDC kit that somebody here posted a link to above. It has nozels that mount on wiper arms. It works well.

You might want to search the forums for windshield washer. Some folks have figured out how to do this for a few bucks that work as good or better than CDC's kit that cost $50-$60.

But CDC's kit works good enough. The instructions suck though. If you get their kit, I recommend not drilling holes in the cowl cover thing. Just run the tube through the same hole that the wiper arms stick out of.

And when it comes to removing the wiper arms to route the hoses and stuff. OMG...seriously see if a tool is available for pulling these off. It is VERY hard to do and I ended up breaking one wiper arm and buying a replacement. The procedure I ended up with which I can't really recommend, was to place piece of wood under the wiper arm as close to the spindle as possible, then hammer the spindle to pop the arm off. It wasn't pretty. I'd hate to do it again. There's got to be a better way or a tool made for pulling off wiper arms.
Originally Posted by shanec
Washer relocation that comes with Cervini absolutely sucks. I went with the CDC kit that puts washers on the wiper arms. It works. Their instructions suck and and I did a better job using my own methods.

Search the forums - some have figured out the CDC kit can be recreated for just a few dollars. Seriously, just a few dollars instead of $60.
I had absolutely no problems with my Cervini's hood and washer relocation kit. It could be different types of hoods work better or something..?
Old 10-18-2009, 11:38 AM
CLOONEY

Well I have already purchased and received the CDC kit but im looking and reading the instructions and kinda confused.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:02 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

My cervinis washer kit is not the best, but it could be improved. I did end up striping one of the screws out hand had to go with a bigger one. And getting them aimed was a bit of a hassle, pull them off bend reinstall pull off bend reinstall....... They do the jod though.

The only thing, When i wash the mite tends to snag them every once in a while. One o these time i will porbably bend them up.

I will have to upgrade to the at cdc kit i have never seen that before.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:36 PM
CLOONEY

Dang probably should update to the CDC kit if you are having such a hassle with that. I'm still struggling with how to set mine up though lol
Old 11-10-2009, 12:37 AM
CLOONEY

I dont know if yall are still viewing this thread but I got my hood installed and all today but I cant figure out how to post pics on a thread rather than my albums
Old 11-10-2009, 02:43 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

i am satisfied by my trufiber, ive actually reccommended some people who have came up to me in the streets asking about it. i love the hood, seems like alot of people are starting to get them though... i was thinking about getting a new one so i can interchange between them, but i dont know what else would go good with my front fascia... so il just keep it. when i first got it i did have hood float anything past 70MPH but after i got my pins it was smooth sailing from then on
Old 11-11-2009, 12:39 AM
CLOONEY

Quick Reply: Buying first Aftermarket Hood.. Need help