Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting an 09 GT next year just looking for ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Default Getting an 09 GT next year just looking for ideas

Ive had my V6 since Jan 08, its my first car and i couldnt be happier
ive put a lot of money into her and she has come a long way!

my car is fast..for a V6, it takes people by surprise
but bottom line is i want a GT

im looking next year once my v6 is paid off to get an 09 GT with LOW miles on her.

now i wanted to get a white one again but after seeing transformers (the 1st one) for the first time today i really want to make mine like the SALEEN police car i know i wont be able to make it exactley like it but very close

my other option is to get a white one again, clear corners, roush hood scoop (again) CS bumpers honeycomb decklid pannel black tailight trim
Flat black spoler with flat black rear louvers on the rear windshield with white ones on the sides

Konig beyond rims

and as for engine....Cams, valves lifters, etc...Supercharger, suspension, exhaust the whole shibang a bang

so what should i do...im looking into pricing things up now so its not a smack in theface next year and i want to be knowledgeable on the things im going to buy so any input would be great!!!

sorry for the wall of text!
Old 10-06-2009, 02:14 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

you want a fast car?

or

a Supercar?

Get the Brenspeed Centri Kit. They want $3,700. It comes with extra goodies, tuner, and they guarantee 420 RWHP.

that is a f'ing quick Mustang. Then about $1,000 for suspension work (control arms, springs, shocks)

so for say $5,000 roughly, you'll have a GT that can out-power 3/4 of the cars on the road, and handle pretty damn well also.

then you can get into the exterior modding as $$$ permits.

my car already has a good bit of GO, so I'm working on some show first. I personally will be spending about $7,000 in my power department. But I'm after the FRPP Whipple and supporting goodies
Old 10-06-2009, 02:27 AM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

thanks for the input! i will for sure do performance mods first! i want to eventually get a whipple supercharger but before that ill be doing internals
Old 10-06-2009, 02:41 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

please don't take this the wrong way...but

have you ever driven a 400+ HP vehicle?

many people jump into things and aren't really sure what they want. Trust me, 300 HP is alot. 400 HP laughs in the face of a 300 HP GT. The car is so different that it isn't even funny.

I suggest you try out a GT and do baby steps. after a point, you can add too much HP and the car becomes unstreetable. People will claim otherwise, but it's true. 400-420 is very controllable. After that, you have to be careful with your gearing/tranny/boost to get a good match that can be driven.

In my case, I went all out on a 383 stroker...and lost usage of 1st gear, and sometimes 2nd gear was a bit much. it was in a truck and I could burn rubber through 3rd gear and 60+ mph. fun to brag about, but a major PITA to drive truth be told.

sorry if I sound like I'm preaching. you really need to pick an approach with your car, and then tackle the problem. without a clear defined direction, you will quickly get lost, and the car will lose you & the "fun factor"...especially if you go overboard.
in my case, I grew up with old school muscle. That is the only reason I want a Blower...'cause these Mod motors are too much a PITA to get major HP for not alot of $$$.

My first vehicle (Chevy ) had 350 RWHP when I was given the keys. by the time I was done with it, I was $5,000 into the motor/trans...and I feared no Camaro/Mustung.

couldn't pass a gas station though without getting a few gallons. it had a 12 gallon tank and got 4 MPG on a good day...but

Last edited by Tylus; 10-06-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:29 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

If you really like the look of the saleen in transformers go to the Saleen forum and look for 06saleen3v I believe. He had the color combo and all the decals. It looked just like the car in the movie. He would be able to help.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Given the current market and looking through some of your potential plans, you might want to consider a slightly used GT500. When you start adding up all those power adders and engine upgrades, you could probably have paid for a car with a stout motor and tranny to start with... Just something else to consider.

Last edited by Doogie65; 10-06-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:51 PM
NJ09GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doogie65
Given the current market and looking through some of your potential plans, you might want to consider a slightly used GT500. When you start adding up all those power adders and engine upgrades, you could probably have paid for a car with a stout motor and tranny to start with... Just something else to consider.
I agree, due to the economy and people that need to sell are willing to wheel and deal...I'd look into maybe an 07 or 08 GT500 if its power you want...Its a good baseline if your looking to make a lot of $$. I have an 09 GT with 3:55, I went from a 200hp car to a 300hp, there is a difference and its FUN. Don't get lost in, its only 100 more hp or so, its 100 more hp of fun!
Old 10-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah but Lethaldosage is under 25 (I am about 99% sure...) and I am sure that insurance would just LOVE a kid with a GT500... for full coverage... I wouldn't doubt $800 or more a month... not sure how that affects him exactly but def something that should be thought about..
Old 10-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
please don't take this the wrong way...but

have you ever driven a 400+ HP vehicle?

many people jump into things and aren't really sure what they want. Trust me, 300 HP is alot. 400 HP laughs in the face of a 300 HP GT. The car is so different that it isn't even funny.

I suggest you try out a GT and do baby steps. after a point, you can add too much HP and the car becomes unstreetable. People will claim otherwise, but it's true. 400-420 is very controllable. After that, you have to be careful with your gearing/tranny/boost to get a good match that can be driven.

In my case, I went all out on a 383 stroker...and lost usage of 1st gear, and sometimes 2nd gear was a bit much. it was in a truck and I could burn rubber through 3rd gear and 60+ mph. fun to brag about, but a major PITA to drive truth be told.

sorry if I sound like I'm preaching. you really need to pick an approach with your car, and then tackle the problem. without a clear defined direction, you will quickly get lost, and the car will lose you & the "fun factor"...especially if you go overboard.
in my case, I grew up with old school muscle. That is the only reason I want a Blower...'cause these Mod motors are too much a PITA to get major HP for not alot of $$$.

My first vehicle (Chevy ) had 350 RWHP when I was given the keys. by the time I was done with it, I was $5,000 into the motor/trans...and I feared no Camaro/Mustung.

couldn't pass a gas station though without getting a few gallons. it had a 12 gallon tank and got 4 MPG on a good day...but

i totally get what your saying and i appreciate you looking out!!
ive driven my dads gt which has just magnaflow axlebacks and its powerful but there is something missing, im sure it can be fixed with a CAI and tune like mine but idk..i want more

ive also driven my friends Roush charged F150 its a 5.4 and she goes but she still isnt as quick as she could be i know its a truck and has a lot of weight but i have driven a lot of High Perf. cars from M5's to Audi RS6 etc..

i understand what you mean it becomes undrivable and i wont let it get to that point im just looking between 400 and 500 hp
Old 10-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S281 E
If you really like the look of the saleen in transformers go to the Saleen forum and look for 06saleen3v I believe. He had the color combo and all the decals. It looked just like the car in the movie. He would be able to help.
Sweet thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Getting an 09 GT next year just looking for ideas