Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crap.. Need help with Intake Part #

Old 10-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Default Crap.. Need help with Intake Part #

Hey guys,

While transferring my CAI back to stock to take it to the Stealership so they could fix my airbag issue, I pulled too hard on this little plastic piece "reducer" that goes into a vacuum tube and busted it in half. The piece in question can be found here:

http://www.steeda.com/directions/555...ttube-s197.pdf

It's in picture #1. It's a little piece that goes into the small hose on the side of the inlet elbow on one end, and connects to a quick disconnect L-shape thing on the other. I'm trying to figure out what it is, and where I can get another, or atleast a part # for it! I taped it back up and got a P0113 code, so I know it's not working right. I have to go on a trip tomorrow afternoon, so need to get this replaced asap! Any ideas?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

If you had any *********, you wouldn't have bothered removing the CAI and this wouldn't have happened. Especially since it was for the air bags.

Have you contacted Steeda?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

I suppose having an airbag deploying properly saving my life in a past wreck makes me biased on this matter, so my bad if that makes me have no *********.

Yes, I've tried contacting them. They are closed.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:43 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

pretty sure he meant just bring it in to have the air bag serviced with the CAI on, as it is a completely unrelated item
Old 10-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

I agree with that, but my Dealer is very picky about tunes and mods, so I do my best to give him no reason to gripe about it. That being said, this doesn't help me solve my problem. I've been looking through all sorts of websites, and can't find anything about it. Any ideas?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
pretty sure he meant just bring it in to have the air bag serviced with the CAI on, as it is a completely unrelated item
Egg-zactly.

As far as the part, it's hard to tell without one removed from the tube if it's something you might be able to find at a well-stocked plumbing supply house or not. Almost looks like a simple reducer. If you're throwing a code, it seems it would be related to air in-leakage and maybe some RTV as a quick-fix until you get a suitable replacement may work. Just a guess.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:08 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

well if your goal is to deceive them anyway, just through it back in there as best you could and have them fix it under warranty.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

I just looked at this article:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/cl-rac...t-install.html

The rubber tube that branches off from the left of the new air elbow looks like it works just fine. Anyone know if that is just rubber hosing or what? I can prolly pick that up at any auto parts store.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The intent is to make a continuous, air tight connection from the elbow. However you do it without some gross ID changes should be fine.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:36 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

It's just their way of making a sharp 90° without kinking from the intake to the valve cover breather, use whatever you want from the auto store or install a catch can while you are at it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crap.. Need help with Intake Part #