Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decided on a 06 Tungsten Grey

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 07:45 AM
keoni

Default Decided on a 06 Tungsten Grey

I am under the impression that this is the same color as the "titanium" 2004 show car. My question is about the Interior color upgrade. The more I see it the more I absolutely love the red interior with the interior upgrade. What is the forums opinions on this color combination? Better off with a dark interior or would the ICAP look good in a darker shade of silver. All opinions welcome. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2005, 08:15 AM
dusty1
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Decided on a 06 Tungsten Grey

My Signature says it all...
Old 07-14-2005, 10:55 AM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

I personally like the Medium parchment w/ the IUP. Leather or cloth, the tan seating, black outlining and chrome highlighting really look sharp and break up the monotony that you get with the dark charcoal and light graphite packages. And I think it really works well with the Tungsten Grey in the 06's. Thats what I ordered! After that I think the ICAP would work well. Although I think it works best with a Black or Silver mustang, I havent seen it in combination with Tungsten Grey, but it would definetly give it a sportier, race car look.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:27 PM
discofan
2nd Gear Member

Dear Keoni,

I purchased an 2005 Silver Satin GT w/red leather interior and from the compliments I have received, I know that this is a "Hot Choice"...

The car look exactly like the one in the Ford Brochure on the second page...

Go with a red leather interior and the compliments will never stop...

You know the old saying, "try something different, you might like it"...

Good Luck, Dave [sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15982/390BF69CF947413C88AE8180092B1E37.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-14-2005, 02:01 PM
gt6974a
1st Gear Member

Ordered 06 Tungsten GT, IUP but with Dark Charcoal.

I thought the Red interior was ugly in pictures.... then I saw it up close. Looks pretty good, however, I don't like RED at all so I'm biased to begin with. However, I might have considered it if it was RED and BLACK. Like the Corvette and GTO seats. Bucket part of seat is RED outside is black. That would of looked sweet, IMO.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:25 PM
TorchRedBeauty
1st Gear Member

That's the way they have the concept Shelby Cobra setup (red and black). I like it too and would have gotten it if that was an option. The ICAP was too much red for my taste.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:51 PM
mffarrell

Has anybody here seen a Tungsten Grey Stang? Is it close to mineral grey? From the pictures that I have seen on the web, Tungsten Grey looks like a little darker version of the Satin Silver.

I currently have a Vista Blue on order, but I am considering changing to Tungsten Grey. I have a Arctic Silver Porsche, but I don't want to silver beasts. I reall like the mineral grey, but it's been discontinued.

Thanks
Old 07-14-2005, 06:36 PM
gt6974a
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mffarrell

Has anybody here seen a Tungsten Grey Stang? Is it close to mineral grey? From the pictures that I have seen on the web, Tungsten Grey looks like a little darker version of the Satin Silver.
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...5/06/index.htm

There was a pic of a painted piece of tungsten next to silver metallic, it was darker than silver metallic but it's not suppose to be as dark as Mineral Grey
Old 07-14-2005, 06:44 PM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

I havent seen a Tungsten Grey Mustang in person, but this link shows an 06 stang in Tungsten Grey.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...5/06/index.htm

I would say Tungsten is definitly darker than Satin, and greyer than Mineral. I think Mineral Grey can be decieving in pictures, looking greyer then it actually is. It wasnt until I saw a Mineral Grey V6 w/ Medium parchment interior in person that I realized it has a brown tint to it. I didnt like it so much any more, and I was glad that it was going to be discontinued having ordered my 05 in that color.

Maybe it was just the tan interior, maybe another interior color wont give it suh a brown hew, but overall Tungsten is your better color and it seems to be a popular choice with 06 orders.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:25 PM
discofan
2nd Gear Member

To me, the Tungsten Grey looks like a color we used to call "Navy Grey"...

You know -- like the Navy Battleships of WWII...

Take a closer look and see if I'm right???

Dave

Quick Reply: Decided on a 06 Tungsten Grey