Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Alcoa Super Snake Wheels & Tires Installed, Thanks Mike!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:09 PM
hirevn
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andretti
Your kidding me.....Any additional info?? I was about to order a set as well. Ok, now that really pisses me off.

Andretti
I was told this by shelby parts after I was told the same thing from Cruzin concepts Mike. I was pissed also, been saving for these for some time! Now i have decided to go with the Spyder's from steeda, it opens up more tire options being 20x11 & 20x9.5.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:06 PM
hirevn
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hirevn
I was told this by shelby parts after I was told the same thing from Cruzin concepts Mike. I was pissed also, been saving for these for some time! Now i have decided to go with the Spyder's from steeda, it opens up more tire options being 20x11 & 20x9.5.
I have to update this post as I was gave WRONG information! I was able to purhase my Alocas today thru the Shelby store and will have them in a few days. The Shelby store has taken over Shelby performance parts as of a week ago and SPP were the ones to give me the line of not being able to get these wheels anymore. I am just assuming here, maybe this is where cruzin concepts got there info from too? So the good news is, I got my Alcoas and looks like anyone else can too. Sorry for posting bogus information.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:11 PM
hockeyman8282
1st Gear Member

wow thats hot
Old 01-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

I second Hirevn.

I contacted Robert via email Sunday and made the order online same day (I found a 'back door' on the website). I was then contacted again via phone on Monday confirming the order had been received/ordered (lol...and that the backdoor I found was 'fixed') and was then given a tracking number. My wheels arrive tomorrow, WWOOOHHOOOOO!

Alcoa wheels are becoming available again. Shelby is only out again atm because a few of us got wind of it and hit it while it was hot...effectively selling them out again in short order. From what I've read, they will become available by this next friday and they will be getting more and more every week.

Andretti
Old 01-27-2010, 05:55 PM
hirevn
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andretti
I second Hirevn.

I contacted Robert via email Sunday and made the order online same day (I found a 'back door' on the website). I was then contacted again via phone on Monday confirming the order had been received/ordered (lol...and that the backdoor I found was 'fixed') and was then given a tracking number. My wheels arrive tomorrow, WWOOOHHOOOOO!

Alcoa wheels are becoming available again. Shelby is only out again atm because a few of us got wind of it and hit it while it was hot...effectively selling them out again in short order. From what I've read, they will become available by this next friday and they will be getting more and more every week.

Andretti
Thats cool with the back door thing lol. Mine ship Today!!! What tire are you going to run Andretti? This is almost as hard to chose as the damn rim!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hirevn
Thats cool with the back door thing lol. Mine ship Today!!! What tire are you going to run Andretti? This is almost as hard to chose as the damn rim!
I'm leaning towards as recommended by 05GT (thanks Cam)

Front:
20x9
255/35/20 Toyo Proxe 4's

Rear:
20x10
275/35/20 Toyo Proxe 4's

Andretti
Old 01-27-2010, 07:32 PM
hirevn
1st Gear Member

I was thinking about the general Exclaim uhp in a 295 that was suggested by a SS owner (he says no rubbing what so ever) but think I have changed my mind. Thought maybe I would try the Nitto NT05 in the same size you have listed.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

I was about to pull the trigger on a set of the chrome FR500's wrapped in Nitto 555s, but after seeing this thread... good God, man! I'm hung now! The price is much more, but damn they look gorgeous! I'd hafta push back my GT500 front end conversion towards the fall to afford these babies! Whatcha think?

Also, how are you liking the Toyos? I've been bent on Nitto, but that would mean purchasing seperate, and installing. Does the CC Alcoas come with the TMPS bands on already?
Old 01-27-2010, 10:51 PM
finallyigot1

Originally Posted by 07CaliGTstang
EFFING AWESOME!!!
What he said
Old 01-28-2010, 12:16 AM
javina80
2nd Gear Member

those wheels are just plain ole' sweet.... Great look man...

Quick Reply: New Alcoa Super Snake Wheels & Tires Installed, Thanks Mike!!