Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Alcoa Super Snake Wheels & Tires Installed, Thanks Mike!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 11:51 AM
ptaylor_9849
2nd Gear Member

Andretti, If you decide on Nitto's try calling a salesman named Wyatt at Discount Tire Direct. He will give you a lower price than advertised if you ask him over the phone. I have bought several sets from him including my Z06 345 Nitto Invos and he always lowers the price for me while other sales people won't. On another note, I lucked out and bought my Shelby center caps off e-Bay brand new and shipped for $75. Now I'm just waiting on the Alcoa Wheel Delivery. Right now I'm thinking about going with the General Exclaim UHP 275/35/20...255/35/20. These tires got great reviews on the Z06 forum when I used to hang out over there.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:00 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andretti
Cameron...obviously I was mistaken on the phone last night. Evidently I'm running the 265/35/20's on the GT's Shelby Razors (I'll be measuring the centercaps here shortly and posting the results). And I woulda swore it was the 255's or the 275's, though I knew they were the same all the way around.

I do vaguely recall getting a good price at tire rack for the Nitto's...but after just checking they dont even list them anymore (if that infact was where I actually bought them previously). No Toyo's listed at all there either.

Andretti
yeah, after getting off the phone with you last night I checked your signature as you mentioned and saw that you are running the 265/35's all the way around

I'll give you a call to run some ideas by you to see what you think

Originally Posted by Andretti
Well, I am going to post the question over at the shelby forums to make sure (the true test for me wont be till I pull a razor off and check the center caps myself anyway) but I did measure the hole for the cap on the Alcoa's and then the one for the razors. It looks like it is 'close', but I'm not convinced and wont be till I get the chance to pull a wheel off of the GT and actually try to put it on.

I'm just truly amazed that for a $500 wheel, shelby produces nothing better than a plastic center cap.

Andretti
I just saw that.

Unfortunately, I don't think I've ever seen anyone try it before, so we'll all be looking forward to hear from you once you try it.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Thanks ptaylor. Much appreciated. I'll be phoning him Monday.

andretti
Old 01-30-2010, 09:42 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Cruizin_Concepts_Mike
Here are the other once.

mike, those are the EXACT ones that i am looking at. i have stock 19" now though...so i am debating between going down to 18" or up to 20". Either way i gotta get new rubber to wrap those wheels......

What kinda specials you got on a package deal?? PM me
Old 01-31-2010, 12:28 AM
hirevn
1st Gear Member

My wheels have made it to anchorage already, should be delivered monday!!!! Stll debating on tires, Found This new UHP tire from hankook, looks like it would work good, at least good advertising.
http://ventus.hankooktire.com/

Last edited by hirevn; 01-31-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:35 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hirevn
My wheels have made it to anchorage already, should be delivered monday!!!! Stll debating on tires, Found This new UHP tire from hankook, looks like it would work good, at least good advertising.
http://ventus.hankooktire.com/
still debating tires? are you looking for anything specific?
Old 01-31-2010, 06:52 PM
hirevn
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
still debating tires? are you looking for anything specific?
I think I have it narrowed down to either Nittos, nt05's or Invos. The Hankook's I posted earlier also look good and are less expensive than the Nittos. I am looking for something that is quiet but offers good dry handling and hook up.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ptaylor_9849
Andretti, If you decide on Nitto's try calling a salesman named Wyatt at Discount Tire Direct. He will give you a lower price than advertised if you ask him over the phone. I have bought several sets from him including my Z06 345 Nitto Invos and he always lowers the price for me while other sales people won't. On another note, I lucked out and bought my Shelby center caps off e-Bay brand new and shipped for $75. Now I'm just waiting on the Alcoa Wheel Delivery. Right now I'm thinking about going with the General Exclaim UHP 275/35/20...255/35/20. These tires got great reviews on the Z06 forum when I used to hang out over there.

hehe I just picked up (2) 315/35/20 nitto invos for 280 BRAND NEW!

now i gotta get my fronts! wheels are apparently VERY good and they look amazing.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:41 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hirevn
I think I have it narrowed down to either Nittos, nt05's or Invos. The Hankook's I posted earlier also look good and are less expensive than the Nittos. I am looking for something that is quiet but offers good dry handling and hook up.
what sizes are you considering?

Originally Posted by Allstar
hehe I just picked up (2) 315/35/20 nitto invos for 280 BRAND NEW!

now i gotta get my fronts! wheels are apparently VERY good and they look amazing.
congrats, that's awesome!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:42 AM
5SPD07GT
Official Site Sponsor

i wish i could squeeze a set of these on my Cobra

Quick Reply: New Alcoa Super Snake Wheels & Tires Installed, Thanks Mike!!