Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowmaster & Pypes O/R H Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 01:56 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Default Flowmaster & Pypes O/R H Video

Hey, put together an exhaust vid of the Flows and Pypes H. This might help people get an idea of what it sounds like to help them in the exhaust decision making process. The sound is actually very accurate. As in all vids.....turn up the bass!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUbehg36vy4
Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

sounds good, just keep an eye on those mufflers. They arent the best quality. I am about to switch mine out.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:43 PM
sbrimer
1st Gear Member

We have almost the exact same setup, minus the Pypes O/R H. I still have the factory H and was looking for a little more sound. Are you still running converters, no inspection in Alabama, so some just cut them off, not me? I looked on Pypes website and cound not find an offroad H. They only listed an H.

Scott
Old 10-20-2009, 12:10 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Midnight Express
sounds good, just keep an eye on those mufflers. They arent the best quality. I am about to switch mine out.
I know that....I've had them 2.5yrs....the baffles are bad i think as the exhaust sound has changed a lot within the past 6 months....anything like that?

Originally Posted by sbrimer
We have almost the exact same setup, minus the Pypes O/R H. I still have the factory H and was looking for a little more sound. Are you still running converters, no inspection in Alabama, so some just cut them off, not me? I looked on Pypes website and cound not find an offroad H. They only listed an H.

Scott
I do not run the converters. Yes the easiest thing to do is to just cut the cats out. Then you will have a high quality O/R H as compared to pypes LOW quality one! Lucky you with no inspection

To my knowledge, pypes only makes an O/R H.....they do make the X in catted AND O/R versions.

Lastly, this is not a little more sound-it's a LOT more sound. It's border-line a little too loud(though everyone loves it). The video at the track shows just how loud it is, the car echo'd through the whole track 1/4 mile away

-Scott....lol
Old 10-20-2009, 12:57 PM
mb2
2nd Gear Member

Sounds good bro
Old 10-20-2009, 02:14 PM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

sounds effing sick dude
Old 10-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Larry210

how did the install go with the h pipe i am really interested in doing this.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:47 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys.

Install is pretty straightfoward. Having done a ton of exhaust work so it was really simple for me though any do it yourselfer can use TB's guide and should not have any problem. At this point I've swapped exhaust in my car so many times I've gotten it down to roughly a 20min swap but I would say for a first timer, a little over an hour if you take your time....DEF worth doing yourself--> save money AND a learning experience + satisfaction
Old 10-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

I'm running the MRT hi flow catted H + Flow AT's and the sound is the same just not as loud. H pipes sound so much better than X pipes to me...
Old 10-21-2009, 02:10 AM
Bigcha40
2nd Gear Member

def about to kick the flows to the curb here too.. baffles inside the left muffler are shot and rattle around like crazy. the O/R H didnt help the situation any either. i think im gonna go to the pypes mid muffler system

Quick Reply: Flowmaster & Pypes O/R H Video