Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&L Intake and BamaChips Tuning Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

I wish it wasn't 300 bucks for the tune. Out of curiosity, can you share SCT Tuners or does it somehow get "locked" to your particular vehicle?
Old 10-21-2009, 07:26 PM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ_68
I wish it wasn't 300 bucks for the tune. Out of curiosity, can you share SCT Tuners or does it somehow get "locked" to your particular vehicle?
No you can't share them, they store your stock tune and rewrite the custom tune to the ECU.

They are $400 and you get more then just a tune with them. You actually get 6 if you count the canned tunes that are already on there with the 3 custom tunes. You have a code reader for CEL's and a datalogger to help with tuning.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:05 PM
afoust50
1st Gear Member

The C&L looks gorgeous... Sold me on the same package.. can't wait to see your dyno results
Old 10-21-2009, 08:49 PM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by afoust50
The C&L looks gorgeous... Sold me on the same package.. can't wait to see your dyno results

Ya I really want the same, but I'm concerned about the detonation issue. I too have a 2010, and have been waiting to see feedback from others with bamachips and 2010s.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:29 AM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

C&L looks great! I will be getting one shortly. Keep us informed as to what's causing the pinging. Bad gas or bad tune....or something else?

Last edited by crescent_wrench; 10-22-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:49 PM
SMiller
2nd Gear Member

Is that the race version of the C+L or the street one? I seen the '05-'09 Mustangs that there are two different ones and that one requires a tune. I love the way it looks! Did you plug the air intake noise tube back in or does it do that?
Old 10-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Most likely the fuel in your area is a tad off and causing the engine knock. I wouldn't be surprised if Bama either writes you a new tune with a bit of timing pulled or walks you thru it to do yourself. It's not too uncommon to have to tweak the tunes. Their customer support is another reason why Bama and Brenspeed are so highly regarded.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:17 PM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SMiller
Is that the race version of the C+L or the street one? I seen the '05-'09 Mustangs that there are two different ones and that one requires a tune. I love the way it looks! Did you plug the air intake noise tube back in or does it do that?
I haven't seen it labeled as a race version. I know they have two versions of it. The one I have that needs a tune and one that comes with an insert that requires no tune. The sound tube attaches to the intake just like stock, it is held on with the clamps. I plan to have an insert made to plug it and buy the V6 plug for the firewall to completely get rid of it.

Originally Posted by Nuke
Most likely the fuel in your area is a tad off and causing the engine knock. I wouldn't be surprised if Bama either writes you a new tune with a bit of timing pulled or walks you thru it to do yourself. It's not too uncommon to have to tweak the tunes. Their customer support is another reason why Bama and Brenspeed are so highly regarded.
Yeah we have the same watered down gas as Cali. I haven't heard from him yet and been wanting to do some data-logging with the laptop. So I might look into making some adjustments myself. I really want to go back to the dyno.
I know on the 91Performance tuning I'm running now I'll get some detonation around 5000rpm, so I might pull a few degrees in that area and see if that helps. But in the other tunes the detonation is sooner in the rpms so I would rather have new tunes then have to remember to change the settings all the time I load them....even though it is not that hard.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:56 PM
SMiller
2nd Gear Member

Your intake must be crazy loud with your CAI and intake sound tube!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:51 PM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SMiller
Your intake must be crazy loud with your CAI and intake sound tube!
Actually I don't notice a difference at all inside. With the windows down you can hear the initial suction from the intake and then anything else is drown out by the Roush exhaust. Which is why I want to remove it, it no longer has a function.

I forgot to mention that the tune effects the sound of the exhaust.
The 91Performance tune it sounds basically the same, you have alot of pops between shifts and on deceleration....most likely from being a little on the rich side.

The 91Torque and 91Race tunes the exhaust is noticeably quieter. Almost like stock while cruising, but back to being good and loud when you get on it.
The is less popping between shifts and deceleration, but the exhaust has a hollowly(sp) sound almost 5.0ish. It sounds really good.

I gotta shot BamaChips an email to make sure everything is good. I have read it has taken a few days to get the new tunes.

But I might do some data-logging and see if I can get it dyno worthy for next week. If not then I will have to wait till the first week of November.

Quick Reply: C&L Intake and BamaChips Tuning Review