Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention all Hoods

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 08:36 PM
salnascar

Angry Attention all Hoods

All Mustangs 2005 to Present, look at your aluminum hood. Look for corrosion ( bubbling spots)
How many MF members have or had hood Corrosion/Oxidation problems, and was it repaired or not,if repaired did it come back. Did a bad repair lead you to purchase a new aftermarket hood.
I am fed up with Fords bull.... and finger pointing. Ford blames the DLR for improper service and the DLR blames Ford for not allowing them to do the right thing.
CRAP last I remember, I am the son of a B..... who is paying for the F....... Car. Mr. Ken Czubar
You want to sell cars at least let us pay for the car before it starts to ROT.
We always trash Dodge but I got to say my wife's Charger 2006 looks better then my Stang , no chips no fade and no RUST. Well thanks for listening and hope to read more angry post.
PS: I'm Suing Ford if no response by Wednesday Oct.28 2009
Old 10-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Mustangs4U
3rd Gear Member

I just recently had my whole front end repainted due to hood and fender corrosion. The clear coat on my hood was bubbling and coming off. Started to look like crap so I found a new shop here that sanded down and repainted my whole front end. They also used a heavy coat this time to prevent it from happening again.

My case may be different though, my car was involved in a wreck before me and I think the shop that painted it just did a poor job. Not for sure on that but pretty sure thats why mine bubbled.

Goodluck with the car!
Old 10-24-2009, 01:44 AM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

Post some pics if you can. My original hood seemed to have a issue on the under side where the seems were crimped. I took it to ford and then they sent me to a body shop. He looked at it and said it looked like it could be corrosion or the glue that they used to glue the panels to gather. But with out taring into it he could not be sure. AND of course if it was not corrosion then i would have to pay the bill

I did get a little of the run around at ford. According to there warranty, anyone correct me if i am wrong

3/36,000 your covered if the paint bubbles after that the warranty goes to 5/50,000 but the panel has to rust through

be persistent and if they want to wait and see if it gets worse. MAKE sure you get something in writing that way you can say it was preexisting. the service guys can be pretty dumb, he had the nerve to tell me the TSB referred to a car that had body work done to it and the panels where not cleaned properly prior to repainting and that is why it would rust. I then told him aluminum panels dont rust. And I thought the TSB was referring to the fact that our aluminum sources are not a pure as they once where. And that was causing iron impurity's to get into the aluminum.

Look at some of the chrome plated aluminum wheels or fuel doors. You ever see a NICE car and the wheels are pitting. He might take super care of the rims but they still pit. It all comes down to the aluminum supply

Good luck
Old 10-24-2009, 01:51 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

i have never had problems before, but as all cars, there are just a couple defected ones every now and then... and good luck on the suing part, i once threatened medevil times for food poisoning me, my bro, my bros gf, my gf my sis, and i think that was it... but i got lazy and just sent them a couple nasty letters...
Old 10-24-2009, 02:25 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the joy of owning a 2004+ Ford.

The hoods on all the SUV's, Trucks and most cars are all Aluminum to cut weight.

Ford has a real issue with bad preparation at the place where the hoods are painted. The hoods get some sort of contaminant under the paint and it's just a matter of time before something happens.

If you are under the 3yr/36k warranty, this fix is 100% covered. If not under the Bumper to Bumper, you must wait for the rust (corrosion for the aluminum) to make a hole. Then you are covered under the 7 yr Corrosion warranty.

Good luck suing Ford. You will effectively get nowhere but lighter pockets. Ford has the resources to bury you & your lawsuit until you give up or the process has dragged on so long that you gain nothing from the whole ordeal.

I suggest you leave the legal talk at the door. It's not allowed per the User Terms of this, or any other blog. All about Liability.

File a complaint against your Dealership via the Better Business Bureau. Not Ford. Ford is responsible for paying for the repair. The Dealership is responsible for getting a good job done. Since they obviously haven't, the onus is on them to fix it. Ford can only pressure the Dealership. The BBB can and will make the Dealership comply.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:48 AM
salnascar

BBB filed already 1st thing done.
Class Action Law Suit follows and with good friends who love doing this kind of stuff.
The body shop told me as a customer I can be charged up to $300. for the repair, what did the DLR pay and how much did the DLR charge FORD. Don,t you think the DLR is making money on this.
I want to get my car striped and get it over with. With this issue I have to wait till it's resolved and I will. I will fight Ford till the end, and it's going to cost them a lot.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:17 AM
k46046

iv got bubbles on my hood too, thought it was from driveing to fast
Old 10-24-2009, 07:48 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by salnascar
BBB filed already 1st thing done.
Class Action Law Suit follows and with good friends who love doing this kind of stuff.
The body shop told me as a customer I can be charged up to $300. for the repair, what did the DLR pay and how much did the DLR charge FORD. Don,t you think the DLR is making money on this.
I want to get my car striped and get it over with. With this issue I have to wait till it's resolved and I will. I will fight Ford till the end, and it's going to cost them a lot.
You want your whole car stripped?!?!
If so, you're one delusional dude. No offense...

And good luck suing Ford.
Please hurry back here when you win.
I'll buy you a case of beer.

Oh, and the Better Business Bureau is as efficient as trying to hit the moon with a slingshot from here...

I understand your frustration but you're not choosing the path of facility on this one.
Ford is doing the suing right now and they win! Against any business that uses the world Mustang as their name.
Like one of our sponsor here: American Muscle, their name used to be "Mustang Tuning".
Ford said no. You can't use the Mustang name for you business.
So they had to change like many others upon losing that battle...

So, what's your chances you think?

Last edited by pascal; 10-24-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:22 AM
Southern Stang 722
2nd Gear Member

Mine is bubbling up by the winshield and down on the front bumper in one place. I thought it was just in an accident or something and someone didn't do their job on prep. Carfax shows a clean record, but if you look on the passenger side door and rear quarter someone has done some paint work. And they had no idea what they were doing either, I could have done a better job outside without a booth...
Old 10-24-2009, 08:39 AM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

Mine was also bubbling near the windshield. But then I had a minor accident and I replaced my OE hood with a fiberglass one.

Quick Reply: Attention all Hoods