Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

install of pypes MM system

Old 10-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

Default install of pypes MM system

I will be installing my pypes MM system tomorrow morning. Do you guys have any tips to make this go smoother. I heard its a bitch to install. Thanks
Old 10-28-2009, 09:51 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

No clue on how it intalls I just bought the m80s and had them welded in...but I can tell you that you are going to love the sound!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

I have heard that also. They sound bad a$$
Old 10-29-2009, 12:25 AM
CorruptedDemon60
2nd Gear Member

Only thing I have read about the install is to have someway of heating up the hangers to bend them the right way. Other then that just try not to beat your head in from the pain of installing them. Like you said its a pain to install from what I hear also but they are suppose to sound very good. Good luck
Old 10-29-2009, 08:34 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

keep in mind also that the tail pipe sections tend to rotate and twist over time, i have used everything i had to tighten all clamps but that thing rotates regardless. once a week until the new system gets installed, i get in the habbit of putting a shoe into the tip and shoving it back into place or it will rub, grind, and melt the rear bumper down. but i do agree above, the sound is amazing, if you get the sound without the trunk of crickets. i would deff look at getting the whole thing welded if you are impressed with it as i understand from many people on here that eliminates much of the noises
Old 10-29-2009, 08:48 AM
08SilverStang
1st Gear Member

If you have the factory Ford H pipe still in place, it will make the install much easier. I installed the Pypes X pipe and the Pypes MM system and it was a pain in the butt getting everything aligned properly, because if the X pipe is not in just the right place, the rest of the exhaust system will not be in the right place. And clearance with the system is minimal so you do need to make sure everything is rotated just the right way. If you don't the over-axle tubes will vibrate on the Lateral stiffener on the car. And also pay close attention to make sure you have about 3/4 inch clearance between the mufflers and the fuel tanks.

Once you get it installed, it sounds awesome. IMHO, it sounds much better with their off-road X pipe. But its loud!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:26 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I think you've received the answer you were looking for.....from everything I've read and heard, you just have to take your time and be patient when aligning everything.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Southern Stang 722
2nd Gear Member

Like said above, take your time, be patient. Don't get too frustrated, the end result is well worth it. I found it was a pain in the butt taking off the stock mid pipes (from the stock H to the end of the axle where the Axle backs bolt up to). I also found putting some type of lubricant like wd40 on the pipes helps them slide in and easier fitment. Good luck with it bud! BTW these sound mean with their o/r H or X pipe, but they are loud.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

So i finished the install, took a little over two hours with three people. It was a bitch getting everything to line up right but after screwin around with it was ok. IMO it has the best sound of any exhaust setup i have heard on the s197's. I might be a little biased though. I will see if i can post a vid. Check back later. Thanks for the advice on the install.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Dantheman

I had to install custom hangers to get the tips aligned properly. It's ok though because the stock hangers are heavy. If you are going with the o/r x pipe, it's gonna be loud. It's worth it because the car is going to accelerate faster. It's gonna make you smile.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: install of pypes MM system