Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out with the Shaker, 2KW RMS and two 12s (work log w/pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 08:18 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Starting to get really phyched! Got the holes cut for the speakers now, they look NICE! I need to get another terminal cup, as soon as I get that and get them in the trunk, I'll throw up some pics. This is really comming along better then expected.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

first dibs on shaker
Old 11-02-2009, 09:18 PM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

I understand you have the Shaker 1000.
On my shaker 500 the door 8s are powered by two amps under the driver side kick panel. Did you check there?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

Can hardly wait to see the finished product!! I want Subs in the trunk so bad but i hate to give up the trunk space. I already have a Kicker amp in the middle to power my door 8s and alpine components.:icon_spe aker1:

i want to to add 212 and another amp, but man that seem like a allot of truck space. And I need the trunk space for when me and my dad make our yearly trip from seattle down to vegas.

eagerly waiting
Michael
Old 11-02-2009, 10:08 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

yeah, it looks like it takes alot of space but my main concern is I still wanted to be able to get at my spare tire, the way I am gonna do it, I will still be able to do that.

Another thing to consider. My box gives considerably more space then the shaker box. BUT the area ontop of the shaker is dead space, and the area between the shaker and the seat is dead space. So I'm making MUCH more efficent use of the same area the shaker consumes. X2 of corse cause I have 2 boxes going in, but thats my choice. I mean, I have killer equipment laying around, so I might as well use it. But I got to give you guys something to see, so heres the first box done sitting in the car. I need to order in some carpet, so that will take a few days. But this looks pretty sweet to me.

and

The other side is gonna be a mirror image with the amp and cap on that upward slope in the middle. Giving me the entire area where the spare tire is as my storage.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:45 PM
scheetz83
2nd Gear Member

Are you going to cut the mat so it lifts up to get the tire out?
So far it looks bad a$$ where will the amp mount?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

looks good. Ive got a 12" L7 and a kicker 750.1 in my accord im hoping to install into the stang one of these days but i really want a new headunit and an amp for the 6x8s i have sitting in my room too so i can install it all at once.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:57 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

I got some 1/2 particle board that I am going to mount the amps on, on that upward slope in the rear of the trunk (the part more near the seats.) That amp rack will be joined to both boxs with some L brackets to make the whole thing stay put real good and pinned inside the wells. It will also be up about a inch off the current surface so I can run all the wires under it and make it look really clean. I was gonna put it under plexy and all that, but I think the end result would be a bulky peice then I want for that area, and I am getting a bit lazy....lol. On the lower end of that I am going to cut another panel that will be a flap that covers the tire and will be hinged. Then I will carpet over the whole thing and just cut the carpet at the seams so it can freely fold up.

@ shadow
Yeah, i got a amp I can use for my mids / highs too, but holding out for a while to do that. I have a feeling I'll probably end up getting some 2 ohm infinities and when I do that, I'll use my other amp thats putting out like 180 x 4 RMS @ 2 ohm to run those bad boys, but if I do that then I definatly need to up the alternator, and big 3, and battery, and on and on.... Still trying to get my performance and body done before I go down that road..... lol.

Last edited by JDWalton; 11-02-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

looking good.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:03 AM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by scheetz83
Can hardly wait to see the finished product!! I want Subs in the trunk so bad but i hate to give up the trunk space. I already have a Kicker amp in the middle to power my door 8s and alpine components.:icon_spe aker1:

i want to to add 212 and another amp, but man that seem like a allot of truck space. And I need the trunk space for when me and my dad make our yearly trip from seattle down to vegas.

eagerly waiting
Michael
If trunk space is a concern, look into fiberglass enclosures that conform to the trunk.

Here is mine. 1 cubic foot of airspace.
http://www.agafitei.com/mustang/sub1.jpg

Quick Reply: Out with the Shaker, 2KW RMS and two 12s (work log w/pics)