Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know of a good detailer in NOVA area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 03:34 PM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone know of a good detailer in NOVA area?

I have a 2011 5.0, Black, and I have so many darn scratches on it. Ever since I bought the car, the dealership gave me swirls in the paint as a thank you present. I also made a mistake and took the car through a car wash with brushes and that really did it. Looking to get it detailed, someone that will buff out and make the paint shine like it should. That way I can start washing the car on my own and prevent crap like this from occurring again.

Anyone know how much it might cost and someone decent that can do it for me? I don't want them to damage the paint more, someone that appreciates cars I guess.

Thanks for any info,
Old 02-14-2011, 05:58 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i cant help with your originally question, but i will tell you this. for a bit more than the price you will pay to have it done you can do it yourself with a porter cable and have enough polish to last longer than you will probably have your car. i am a big fan of adam's polishes, they have a complete kit with the buffer pads and all for like $349. It takes a bit of time, but the process is dead simple and with the PC you can't burn your paint.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:23 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Yes, Adams is one of the best for sure. For the price of a complete detail, you can buy the stuff yourself and get many uses out of most of the products. Either way, you are looking at a couple hundred dollars for everything, but the Adams products are great and most of the bottles contain enough for many details, where a single detail will fade quickly. The PC is a great little machine, or so I have heard, and it will absolutely not mess up your paint. Check out the detailing vids on this guy's channel. Good stuff.

A good detail will cost a pretty penny, and will be entirely dependent on how good a job the guy feels like doing that day, but doing it yourself will not only make you even more proud of your car, but you will also know it will be done right because you did it right.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:56 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

As others have mentioned you can actually do it yourself. 05xrunner turned me on to autogeek.com and soon as the weather starts to warm, I am ordering my portercable and swirl mark remover kit as I am having the same problem as you. Bought the car as a demo with 2k miles, but the ******* driving it probably took it to carwash 10383 times