Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag incedent in my car last night!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 09:35 AM
futbol90x

Originally Posted by RedRider0151
Man I wish I knew how!!! ITs next to impossible to get ANYTHING done. It all comes down to Ford not owning up to what happened. I am gonna spread it EVERYWHERE I can and hopefully get a little attention drawn to it. I mean its LITERALLY dumb luck it didnt happen on the freeway doing 70mph. On top of that, my daughter that got hit by the airpbag, just had open heart surgery in december of last year, having as hole in her heart repaired and having a conduit put in due to pulmonary stinosis, so it realistically could have given her a heart attack at age 13!!! Its TOTAL BS!!!

If ANYONE has ANY idea's as to how to make sure they fix thier problems, drop me a line!! PLEASE!!!

wow bro thats deep lol
Old 01-17-2010, 12:20 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

A nightmare situation turns worse. Sorry ford is doing this to you. God you must feel that your getting screwed from every angle here. I hope your able to find a good lawyer whom will take this case and it doesnt cost you a fortune out of pocket. Good luck and keep us informed.

patrick
Old 01-17-2010, 02:01 PM
joekr
1st Gear Member

Good luck man. This is a messed up scenario.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:35 AM
RedRider0151
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by futbol90x
wow bro thats deep lol
ITs funny til it happens to you dude. When it happened the first thing I thought was wether or not my kid was ok...which would be normal for ANY parent, but when you already had your kids entire chest cracked open just 11 months before it really hits home and then when the dealer is acting the way they are it just pisses you off that much more...Like I said...if it would have happened on the highway doing 75 in rush hour traffic it would have been EXTREMELY ugly and Ford couldn't care less...all they care about is making sure their big machine keeps rolling forward. If it can happen to me I am sure it can happen to everyone
Old 01-18-2010, 03:14 PM
RedRider0151
2nd Gear Member

Well seems like me emailing my local television channels here seems to have struck a nerve. ABC news is coming to my house tomorrow to do an interview. I also ended up getting a bunch of paperwork from my dealer, all saying that they couldnt find any damage whatsoever with the car, pictures of the underside, side impact areas, and anything else the legal dept asked for.

Turns out at some point they asked if there were any injuries due to the deployment and the dealer told them my daughters hand was bruised (2 1/2 months ago now) and that immediately sent off alarms to not repair the car....go figure...they are worried that by fixing what is wrong they are admitting guilt and open themselves up for a personal injury lawsuit. (or at least, near as I can figure that is the issue at hand)
Old 01-18-2010, 03:22 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Aside from the actions you are doing, have you consulted a lawyer? Or at least called around to see maybe if this is a case that may have some weight in the legal field?

From what it sounds like, at this point, even if you go on tv, news, etc., Ford is not going to just come around to fix your car now since they would not want to admit to the guilt like you mentioned. Their legal dept. will find some way to counter it or deny such incident. Just IMO.

At least with lawyer to lawyer, they could come to some agreement.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

^ what he has said. I would of called a lawyer same day they said my car was in an accident and wont repair the car under warranty. That is BS. Shame on Ford for doing this to you or anyone. Please keep us posted on the progress!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:40 PM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Wow, so sorry to hear man. Hope it works out for you.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Flyingpants
2nd Gear Member

Subscribing...Very interested to see where this goes with Ford. Glad that your daughter is ok.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:43 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Curious to know the assembly date on your ride and how close on the assembly line my 08 was to yours, just in case this isnt an isolated incident, which for everyone else, I hope it was/is.

Quick Reply: Airbag incedent in my car last night!!