Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag incedent in my car last night!!

Old 04-21-2011, 06:03 PM
MustangMan1718
1st Gear Member

Well worth the whole read. I am absolutely shocked that this whole thing occurred. And just like the others have said, I'm glad to hear that everyone was safe.

Also, has there been any other news? Do you still own the pony? Any other strange occurrences with it?
Old 04-22-2011, 03:22 AM
RedRider0151
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangMan1718
Well worth the whole read. I am absolutely shocked that this whole thing occurred. And just like the others have said, I'm glad to hear that everyone was safe.

Also, has there been any other news? Do you still own the pony? Any other strange occurrences with it?
Ohh yeah...still own it...dont get me wrong, I absolutely love the car. Replaced the entire ECU and airbag sensor at my own cost (Along with the airbag, leather seat cover, and door panel that were all damaged, not to mention the labor for the mechanic too....total BS IMHO). As far as getting rid of the car, I dont know that I could without losing my ***....I mean what would you offer for a car that says you were in a single car accident and airbags were deployed on the carfax report?? No matter what I tell a potential buyer, its not going to come out very good....and then what the heck would I go buy?? I dont want a camaro...LOL Throughout the whole ordeal, all I wanted was for Ford to man up and replace the crap on my car that obviously didnt work right vice making me pay for it out of pocket and to make sure it didnt go on the carfax of the vehicle....the only thing they did was say that everything in the car operated as expected once I said my daughter wasnt injured so they could fight me in court if I tried to file some type of lawsuit.

To this day I still refer ANYONE that is about to deal with Ford Corporate over ANYTHING to this thread and my Youtube video. And I will NEVER stop doing it.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:18 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RedRider0151
Ohh yeah...still own it...dont get me wrong, I absolutely love the car. Replaced the entire ECU and airbag sensor at my own cost (Along with the airbag, leather seat cover, and door panel that were all damaged, not to mention the labor for the mechanic too....total BS IMHO). As far as getting rid of the car, I dont know that I could without losing my ***....I mean what would you offer for a car that says you were in a single car accident and airbags were deployed on the carfax report?? No matter what I tell a potential buyer, its not going to come out very good....and then what the heck would I go buy?? I dont want a camaro...LOL Throughout the whole ordeal, all I wanted was for Ford to man up and replace the crap on my car that obviously didnt work right vice making me pay for it out of pocket and to make sure it didnt go on the carfax of the vehicle....the only thing they did was say that everything in the car operated as expected once I said my daughter wasnt injured so they could fight me in court if I tried to file some type of lawsuit.

To this day I still refer ANYONE that is about to deal with Ford Corporate over ANYTHING to this thread and my Youtube video. And I will NEVER stop doing it.
All the other stuff aside, not everyone is going to go get a carfax. And if they do, you say, yeah I hit a tiny rock and scuffed the paint underneath. This car is so fricking SAFE that airbags deploy for your protection with any paint scuffing. You dont wanna see what happens when you get a door ding!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:53 AM
RedRider0151
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
All the other stuff aside, not everyone is going to go get a carfax. And if they do, you say, yeah I hit a tiny rock and scuffed the paint underneath. This car is so fricking SAFE that airbags deploy for your protection with any paint scuffing. You dont wanna see what happens when you get a door ding!
HAHAHAH!!! And for a fee we can add an airbag to the outside for all the old ladies with grocery carts...let them get smacked by it vice my kid...LOLOLOL
Old 04-22-2011, 10:28 AM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

Bottom line when dealing with major corporations, consult an attorney first. Let them speak on your behalf, they know the law when it comes to liability issues like this. Also on the carfax issue, I believe you as the owner can add info as to the nature of the incident.

Last edited by kc5mhb; 04-22-2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Predictive typing got me again
Old 04-22-2011, 11:12 AM
RedRider0151
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kc5mhb
Bottom line when dealing with major corporations, consult an attorney first. Let them speak on your behalf, they know the law when it comes to liability issues like this. Also on the carfax issue, I believe you as the owner can add info as to the nature of the incident.
I did consult an attorney...he was stonewalled by Ford Motors..and gave me the advice that they will wait me out to the point the legal fee's are way more than the cost of the repair and it was up to me as to how to proceed. I was without my car for 4 months while playing games with Corporate Ford...who I had assumed would do the right thing......

I will have to look into the Carfax thing....either way its still something that shows up and I have to explain....if I was the one buying a car I would walk away from mine just due to the fact there are plenty of others that have never had issues...wouldnt you???? No matter what, Carfax isnt going to just remove the fact that my car had the airbag go off from the report....
Old 04-22-2011, 11:24 AM
06kevstang

I have never heard of tha in any brand of car that is some scary stuff.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:12 PM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RedRider0151
I did consult an attorney...he was stonewalled by Ford Motors..and gave me the advice that they will wait me out to the point the legal fee's are way more than the cost of the repair and it was up to me as to how to proceed. I was without my car for 4 months while playing games with Corporate Ford...who I had assumed would do the right thing......

I will have to look into the Carfax thing....either way its still something that shows up and I have to explain....if I was the one buying a car I would walk away from mine just due to the fact there are plenty of others that have never had issues...wouldnt you???? No matter what, Carfax isnt going to just remove the fact that my car had the airbag go off from the report....
Keep all your paperwork on the airbag repair. If you know someone who has access to the Oasis system Ford uses, get them to print out everything that was done to your car and keep it. That way you can show that the dealership did not do any body work or collision work to your car. Keep all your pictures and information about the incident and put it with your vehicle's title in a safe place.
Hey if I was buying your car and you were up front with me, I'd buy it anyway. People who keep good repair records of their cars show that they really wanted to keep it in good running order. I wouldn't worry about it if you aren't going to sell it. Carfax isn't all what its cracked up to be. Body repairs that were done on vehicles not reported to the insurance company or not taken to a dealer usually don't end up on the carfax report. About a year ago, I backed into my Mustang and damaged the bumper. I didn't report it to my insurance and instead purchased a GT take off bumper (prepainted the exact color), grill and lights. I was going to change it anyway but still, that will never be on any carfax report. Then again I've noticed some front end damage to the air conditioner condenser so I know that the car had a little front end work done to it and that also was not on the report I ran before I bought it.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:48 AM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Air bags are very dangerous and can do some serious damage to your grill. Im glad your family is okay though. That could have turned out really scary and a horror story if it happened on the freeway. In case anyone one wants to know what an airbag can do , refer to this video i have posted. Its a really funny one, but once you're done laughing, look at how much force it has. If that would have hit someones face, it would be definately GAME OVER !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S1CZ08w4H4