Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for HID headlight(2005-09 only)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 10:43 AM
NDN GQ
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by raywang5
is that two, i think i only need one? can i buy it seperately? also, the package from the factory was 500$ something for 1 pair if u want to upgrade it from yellow one to hid, any cheaper one? thx for help NDN GQ, but i think this is a little expensive.
Dealer had quoted me $900 plus install on a non factory HID equipped car to get OEM HID's installed so I think the price is kinda inline to what the dealer said. I am not srue if steeda sells just 1 lamp or only pairs, contact them but that is for a set of left and right headlamps for a OEM HID style conversion.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:09 PM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NDN GQ
Dealer had quoted me $900 plus install on a non factory HID equipped car to get OEM HID's installed so I think the price is kinda inline to what the dealer said. I am not srue if steeda sells just 1 lamp or only pairs, contact them but that is for a set of left and right headlamps for a OEM HID style conversion.
mine is alrdy two HID kit and headlamps from factory, but i broke the right one, so, what i need is only the right hand headlamp. thx NDN GQ. i alrdy sent them email, hope they can sell the headlamp seperately, and the install was super easy, i just need the headlamp, and i can do the rest by myself perfect without any problem.

Last edited by raywang5; 11-09-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:18 AM
Cowboylogic

Beware who you order from. HIDGUY.NET changed to http://www.hidguymodshop.com Don’t buy from these thieves. It's interesting to look over the history of complaints on HIDGUY with Oscar and Dante. It seems at one point they may have been reputable but over the last few years not so much. It’s interesting to see Dante identify that they would not stay in business if there were a bunch of complaints on the forums about them and it appears he is right. HIDGUY.net is no more. I guess they figure were are all simpletons and will never realize that Oscar and Dante are changing the company name if too many people complain about how poorly they take care of customers.
Myself, I can honestly say these folks are thieves and liars. I ordered a set of custom headlights for $625 over a year ago and was told many many times from the original order they would be ready in two more weeks. They took my money the day I ordered them. They certainly have that end of the business figured out. I was told two weeks at least 30 different times. For over a year, they have provided a lot of reasonable excuses and I have been extremely patient.

For my willingness to work with them and be patient, now they have stopped responding to any of my inquiries even though I remain polite. I have not had a response since the end of January 2015, even though I continually try to get a hold of Dante or Oscar to see where we stand. Supposedly the last action they took on my account was to show them as shipped but when I advised I have not seen anything on this, Dante told me there was a mix up and they shipped my order to a different customer. Then he promised me again another two weeks and they would either get them back or build me a new set. That was the last time I was able to get a hold of them by phone. I've asked for a refund as well as it seems clear to me that they do not intend to build my lights. Now their phone number tells you to use their web site exclusively to contact them, which I have done 15 times on the web site, but continue to get no response. Someone is reading my inquiries though as some of my inquiries were deleted. I have also tried their emails, but they get bounced back. Don't get taken by these guys as they will steal from you and they will like to you about providing you the product you pay for.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:07 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

I have a kit from RetroSolutions in my '06 GT 'vert. I've had them in for about 100K miles without a bit of trouble. I just put one of their kits in wifey's '08 Miata and she loves them too. I think their kits are really top shelf. Their customer service is good too.