Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fresh Mods Completed with LOTS of Pics!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 03:09 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

yeah, I've tapped a few holes myself..

Anyhow, nice job..
Old 11-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I managed to take a couple shots today in the daytime so I thought I would post 'em up.

Drilling into the car is a timely process. If you're like me you'll buy the spoiler with the intention of doing it...only to have it sit in your garage for a few months lol. I'd take it out from time to time and look at it...then contemplate paying for the install. Finally I broke down and did it. If you already have a factory spoiler installed I'd say it's not that bad. If I had bought the car with the spoiler delete option I don't know if I could have drilled 14 fresh holes into an unsoiled trunk. If you're on the fence about getting it I'd say pull the trigger. I'm by no means a car or body guy(I'm slowly becoming one)....hell I even have trouble staying in the lines when I color still It looks much harder than it is though. Thanks for looking at my work in progress.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Dannyf8989
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like you got a good deal on the wing, where did you buy it from? Buying it pre painted from roush is $525 without shipping...
Old 11-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dannyf8989
Sounds like you got a good deal on the wing, where did you buy it from? Buying it pre painted from roush is $525 without shipping...
Over the summer a body shop in Phoenix, Az was selling them prepainted(your choice of factory color) for $369 shipped on fleabay. They aren't the fiberglass knockoffs, it's a genuine Roush.

Last edited by Topless Stang; 11-17-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:01 PM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eslhockey92g
looks great, i think i may pick up that wing for christmas. I saw on here that someone else just cut off the bolts for the end pieces and just 3m taped them on so he didnt have to drill. But nothing risked is nothing gained. Are you gonna paint it or keep it black?
that is what i did, just make sure to tape properly and give a day to set on, i can not drill in to my car, which is probably why i have had hood pins for six months and they are still in the package
Old 11-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by usc49erfan
that is what i did, just make sure to tape properly and give a day to set on, i can not drill in to my car, which is probably why i have had hood pins for six months and they are still in the package
I don't know about that. I know that automotive 3m tape is strong, but I'd rather have the added security of nuts & bolts. If it was thought that it could be held on securely by just tape, I doubt Roush would have required drilling and such. If you don't know if you're going to keep your stang (FOREVER) or if you don't know if you'll keep the spoiler I wouldn't drill. But if you want to drill and have never attempted to do something like this following the instructions and using my mini walk through will get you through it. If I can do it anyone can.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:13 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

great work man i love the spoiler as well i have it too and i drilled the holes as well wasnt hard. stangs comin along nice man keep it up
Old 11-17-2009, 04:20 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I think Roush should have made provisions for two more holes on the quarter panels.
We wouldn't want to lose those heavy .1/8 pounder corner pieces now, would we?

Anyway, congrats Topless.
Clean job none the less.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:22 PM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

You did a sweet job, its all in the prep work and takin your time. I like how all the black ties in w/ the wheels ,top and side stripes.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

Good work man, that takes bawlz to drill your car, I leave major body work like that to the shop, but you really pulled it off!

Quick Reply: Fresh Mods Completed with LOTS of Pics!!!!