Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with the Cervini Side exhaust .. Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 08:30 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by mygt500
Even on your picture, I can see that, the rear of the tip is sticking out further than the front.
I had that problem even worse on this car, but I managed to make those stick out about a 1/4 inch with the same gap all around.
Much better now.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:53 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I will say one thing....its much easier to polish the tips the more they stick out.....Looks great in your pic pascal. The passenger side is more like the pic you provided on my car but I am completely happy with the look regardless
Old 11-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

so Pascal you're saying the the Pypes that Cervinis use are pure garbage? Would it be a simple swap out to put another type of muffler in?
Old 11-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Pascal, that looks like a near perfect alignment. That's what I want mine to look like. Was that all done by adjusting the hangars or was there any pipe cutting involved?

Mygt500, What do you use to polish the tips. Mine could use it.

Mr.Bape, I would imagine you could use a Magnaflo Magnapac midmuffler, they are what mygt500 and myself have installed.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:44 PM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

can you buy just the tips ......? I might as well just fab up my own setup ! LOL... By the way guys the pic whoring is FCKN amazing cars look great and sound purdy too !
Old 11-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

dbl post

Last edited by Boozshey; 11-19-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by whyask
can you buy just the tips ......? I might as well just fab up my own setup ! LOL... By the way guys the pic whoring is FCKN amazing cars look great and sound purdy too !
Cervini's only let's you buy replacement parts if you can prove you own the kit. The terms of proving that is between you and them. I had bought my kit and needed to get a GT500 rear covers. So I had to take pics of the kit and the new bumper so they could see I wasn't blowing smoke. Sure you could use the plethora of pi cs online, but I guess they trust you aren't lie'ing.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:33 PM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

yeh but its the whole honor and integrity thing i couldnt do that to a company ! ... it sucks they dont sell just the tips to let people create their own setup ! i wonder if you could use the roush tips and incorporate them into a side setup !hmmmm the wheel are turning ......Oh honey i need money ! LOL
Old 11-19-2009, 04:24 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Mr.Bape
so Pascal you're saying the the Pypes that Cervinis use are pure garbage? Would it be a simple swap out to put another type of muffler in?
Not pure garbage but close, not worthy of the money you pay for it anyway.
As far as mufflers, they ain't the problem. The pipes are simply not bent in the right shape.

Boozshey, I did a little cutting and bending as much as I could but without a machine like an exhaust shop has, I couldn't get it perfect.
If I had said machine, I could make pipes tucked in much better and gain 2" ground clearance in the process.
I did modify the hanger as well, had to extend them as you can see.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:10 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

This Thread made me laugh because my car is in the shop this week getting exhaust work done because my alignment got screwed up again. Side exhaust can really be a hassle

Quick Reply: Anyone with the Cervini Side exhaust .. Need help!