Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with the Cervini Side exhaust .. Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 02:43 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

A custom exhaust shop can do just about anything you need for your friend Cam....

The side exhaust on a GT500 sounds fricking awesome and is a must if one can afford it. I love passing people and scaring the hell out of them at WOT as the sound hits their car and bounces back to my ear as a different resonance....love it!!!!

Done that to a few vettes and they would comment at the light about the sound.....

Remember....dont lower unless you have taken into consideration that the car can and will scrape the exhaust over speed bumps, potholes, and make all turns onto ramps or into plazas at a severe angle. I have NOT scraped but know my surroundsings like the back of my hand. I knew this exhasut would have special considerations from the get go and have never had an issue with that since new. I love the sound more then any other exhaust out there except for those with LT's and hi-flo CATs (GT500's) and the termi's of course!

if the driveway is not level with the street or you live in an old neighborhood with the high curbs with driveways cut out (or not cut flush with the street)....be careful when turning into any driveway and do so at an angle like I stated above. Go slow so as to not make any suspension rebound or compression.

Taller then 27 inch side walls will help too.

Next is a 1 inch drop with roush rear springs and then raise the car with a 28.6 inch tall tire in the back...should gain 1/2 inch of lift and fill the wheel well much better then before like Kpaulus has....
Old 11-22-2009, 10:41 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
A custom exhaust shop can do just about anything you need for your friend Cam....

The side exhaust on a GT500 sounds fricking awesome and is a must if one can afford it. I love passing people and scaring the hell out of them at WOT as the sound hits their car and bounces back to my ear as a different resonance....love it!!!!

Done that to a few vettes and they would comment at the light about the sound.....

Remember....dont lower unless you have taken into consideration that the car can and will scrape the exhaust over speed bumps, potholes, and make all turns onto ramps or into plazas at a severe angle. I have NOT scraped but know my surroundsings like the back of my hand. I knew this exhasut would have special considerations from the get go and have never had an issue with that since new. I love the sound more then any other exhaust out there except for those with LT's and hi-flo CATs (GT500's) and the termi's of course!

if the driveway is not level with the street or you live in an old neighborhood with the high curbs with driveways cut out (or not cut flush with the street)....be careful when turning into any driveway and do so at an angle like I stated above. Go slow so as to not make any suspension rebound or compression.

Taller then 27 inch side walls will help too.

Next is a 1 inch drop with roush rear springs and then raise the car with a 28.6 inch tall tire in the back...should gain 1/2 inch of lift and fill the wheel well much better then before like Kpaulus has....
Thanks J!

From the statement you made above about the side exhaust sounding awesome on a GT500...you have heard this? Do you know if they had the Pypes mufflers or some other brand? I have made my club member well aware about not being able to lower his car if he goes this route...well, maybe with just the Rousch rear springs, but still he'd have to be careful when going places.

As far as all the other variables, ie: taller tires, he's already made that purchase, so until it's time for something new, he'd have to live with what he's already bought.

As I told the others J, I'll make sure to pass all this information on to him. Thanks!!

here's a pic of his car...looks somewhat familiar, huh..LOL!!..

[IMG]
Old 11-23-2009, 07:38 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

The car looks great and yes I have heard what the exhaust sounds like on the GT500. I will look for a clip too. Not sure if they use the same brand or not but I am sure Cervini can answer that....
Old 11-23-2009, 07:50 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
The car looks great and yes I have heard what the exhaust sounds like on the GT500. I will look for a clip too. Not sure if they use the same brand or not but I am sure Cervini can answer that....
I'll tell my club member to call Cervini's and ask about the exact brands used. Thanks J.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:56 PM
sportinawoody
2nd Gear Member

Talking

Originally Posted by bigmike0405
I have the Cervini side exhaust and after having the car up in the air, I noticed that there is barley any room for my hand to get between the Driveshaft and the Cervini/Pipes exhaust.

My question is if I upgrade to a bigger driveshaft will it rub my exhaust???

Thank you for your time.
just sell me the side exhaust setup and you'll be fine with a bigger driveshaft
Old 11-24-2009, 01:49 PM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
According to mygt500, the magnsflows are better made but I'm sure it can be improved...

I measured the ground clearance at the lowest point with stock height and it's 3.1/4"
This picture shows it well.
Pascal, how much would you estimate the cost to fix my exhaust the same way you did it.

[/QUOTE]
Old 11-24-2009, 05:38 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

What I did it was to minimize the problem and get those tips centered inside the skirts cutaways...
Was worth about $150 labor but I am far from happy with the result still.

If it was my car, I'd redo the tubing. Nothing short of that would do.
My local exhaust shop would charge me $200 to make 2 new correctly routed pipes.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

pascal I think I would have to send it to you if I manage to get my hands on the set! lol
Old 11-25-2009, 08:56 PM
sportinawoody
2nd Gear Member

i need a pic of the convertible braces if anyone has a pic. i just got the kit brand new but unused for a coupe but im vert soooo, think im gonna have mine modded rather than buy the set.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:23 PM
sportinawoody
2nd Gear Member

thanks for your help pascal. it was very helpful in setting up mine. very simple since i read this thread first before starting. i just made 2 new back brackets and drilled 3 holes in them for adjustment and it worked great. got it mocked up now i gotta take it off and get it painted.

Quick Reply: Anyone with the Cervini Side exhaust .. Need help!