Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boost Brothers LT's Rev. 2 review (with video)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 08:44 PM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

Default Boost Brothers LT's Rev. 2 review (with video)

Well after reading all the past reviews on these headers I still decided to take the plunge and get a set of their Rev. 2's. Well to start out these headers look awesome right out of the box. I was very impressed with the welds and thick flanges. They are pretty much a copy of the JBA's. Well just like I have read in the past installing long tube headers on these cars is a major pain in the a**. I have cuts all over my hands and bloody knuckles lol. I really don't see how people install these in there driveway with no lift. Luckily I have a lift so it made it that much easier for me, but it sucked being by myself. Well the headers fit pretty good considering the money spent. They have plenty of room on the frame rails. They still will rub the steering shaft though so I am going to have to come up with a plan to fix that. The passenger side header rubs the motor mount alittle but doesn't really seem to be a problem so far. I haven't drove the car yet so I will let you guys know if there is anymore problems after I do. To be honest that's about it. The H pipe fit fine. The only thing I don't like so far (besides the steering shaft and pass mount rub) is the placement of the 02 sensor holes. One on each of the collectors and two on the h pipe way down stream. I wished they were closer to the motor, oh well. So if yall have any questions please ask.
Now for the video. Get ready for a smoke fest. It is cold and I think the headers are burning off the new. I can't wait to take it for a drive!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT1GaHunBTQ
Old 11-23-2009, 09:16 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Congrats I guess... but I don't see why you'd drop loads of money on all your other mods but go cheap-o when it comes to the headers.... you could have gotten top of line quality and fitment with Macs for under $500.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:20 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

That **** sounds good! especially for $225 . You might have tried bending the pipe just a tad where it rubs on the frame. Lets get some rolling shots too haha
Old 11-23-2009, 09:33 PM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bolivianpimp
That **** sounds good! especially for $225 . You might have tried bending the pipe just a tad where it rubs on the frame. Lets get some rolling shots too haha
theres no rubbing on the frame. If you mean motor mount then yeah I should have.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:00 PM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
Congrats I guess... but I don't see why you'd drop loads of money on all your other mods but go cheap-o when it comes to the headers.... you could have gotten top of line quality and fitment with Macs for under $500.
dude to be honest they were cheap but not cheap quailty. I think they are a pretty good product. Some people want to pay top dollar for no headaches. I paid alittle with only minor headaches. To each there own I guess. Thanks for posting.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:43 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

How's the drivability? Any pics of them on the car?

I can't watch the vid right now, i'm at work.. I'll check it out tonite!
Old 11-24-2009, 08:42 PM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

haven't drove it yet. Still got to install the steering shaft. I will get pics and post soon.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Mustang7599

I have been eyeballing those online for awhile now...they sound awesome for the price! I questioned the quality because I haven't really read a review or many comments about them, but I think the video answers some of those reservations. The only thing that is holding me back is the install! I had a friend who put LT on a 95 5.0 and he said it was a nightmare with a lift and I have heard the 4.6 installs are worse!
Old 11-25-2009, 05:49 AM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

yeah the install was a major pain. I think my S/C and cam install was easier.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Mustang7599

Cams and charger were easier!? Is that because they are easier to get at and with less guessing? Did you have to take apart the front suspension to get the LT's. Which of the three mods (LT cams SC) took the longest?

Quick Reply: Boost Brothers LT's Rev. 2 review (with video)