Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please recommend a tune shop in California(detalis inside)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 02:42 AM
Cross_X
1st Gear Member

Question Please recommend a tune shop in California(detalis inside)

Ok, as I've already bought the car, now it's time for modifications!
I would be very happy if somebody could recommend a shop which is capable of doing upgrades with quality.
I've done everything with all of my previous cars myself, but unfortunately my comfy garage and tools are some 10000 miles away, and I don't have time for that now unfortunately..(
Now, here comes the tricky part:
I live in Bay area, so I definately need to find a good place somewhere around here.(a paint shop too, but that's not the important part for now)
Other thing: I drive to LA pretty often, at least once a month, and I somehow sense that there might be a lot more decent places in or around LA in there than in the Bay area. So I might need a good shop in LA as well.
For example: I will be going to LA on Dec.16th to drop off my gf at the LAX airport, and I will be completely free at like 3-4PM. I want to get a short throw shifter. If somebody could recommend a place somewhere in in that area, I'll just go there straight from the airport.
There's a huge mod list that I have and I'm in huge need of a place..
I greatly appreciate your responses, Ladies & Gentlemen.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:09 AM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

http://www.advancedenginedevelopment.com/

Best shop that I know you can go to.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:59 AM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

I was just about to recommend AED .. there shop is the cleanest ive ever seen and they have some serious cars !
Old 11-30-2009, 12:25 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

If you stay local there is

http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/

located in Cambel CA
Old 11-30-2009, 12:29 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I usually go to GTR in Rancho Cucamonga. But for something quick like a shifter, Chicane is close to LAX. They can slam that in quick. But you can really do that yourself with a friend. Any dealer can do it too because they have the same part in the Ford Racing catalog, and its a real simple install. Im sure anyone of your friends on the forums will come help you out for a beer or two
Old 11-30-2009, 12:37 PM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

definitly if your coming down here around LA use chicane, stay away from swansons
Old 11-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Lakers1
2nd Gear Member

Checkout chicane in torrance. Right now there offering free gears you just need to pay for install. I'm getting 4.10s tommorrow
Old 11-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Cross_X
1st Gear Member

Thank you guys, appreciate your help!
That does shed light on things for me.
I understand that it's an easy install, more than that, I did engine swaps in my past, so I'm familiar with all kinds of tools,etc..
I just don't have time for it - getting into business school and working full time at the same time, and still don't have a single tool in the garage.. I will be stocking up on tools and new parts after middle of January, but I'm desperate to get the shifter asap, as I'm not that happy with that weird factory one. My other ford's shifter is factory, but it's much better than this.
Well, anyway, mustang's a car for modding and tuning, so I don't feel any bad about it)
I'd try to get the shifter here or somewhere around LA, and If somebody could help me with installing it, beer's definately on me
Or, as I grew up in Russia, I can throw in a bottle of Russian Standart
I'm also looking forward to getting a new steering wheel(the plastic one is not my favorite)
And, of course, I will be providing everybody with info and advice, and, of course photo reports as soon as I start my new audio project I can even make a class or two to whoever wants to get the knowledge
Old 12-01-2009, 01:19 AM
Cross_X
1st Gear Member

Ok, I think I've settled on the shifter-unfortunately, there aren't many of them available - MGW didn't come out with one yet(I've written to them - they say probably about 3-4 weeks for it.They've completed the making of the one for 2010GT, if smb is interested), so I think I'll get the one that Ford Racing sells.It's a bit pricey, but I don't care at the moment. I don't really know any other shifters that are made for 2010 V6.I've heard of some, but can't recall now(
And I've written to Chicane, so I'll soon know when and how will it be possible to install it. I'll also check local ford dealerships, though I doubt they will give reasonable estimates for both parts and work.
Next thing after the shifter is the steering wheel. Or I can try doing both at the same time.)
Old 12-01-2009, 02:08 AM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

Anyone heard of "Goodies Speed Shop" in San Jose?

Quick Reply: Please recommend a tune shop in California(detalis inside)