Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long is too long to wait for SC

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 08:08 AM
kentompkins
1st Gear Member

Default How long is too long to wait for SC

Hi all,

This is my first supercharger order so help me set my expectations right.

I ordered a Procharger system from Exotic Performance Plus at the end of October over the phone. They took my money fairly immediately via Mastercard.

Since then I have been in touch every other week. I've been told that it should ship in the next week and it should ship soon twice already.

It's now December and I am out over $5,000 and have nothing to show for it.

How long should I expect to wait. I know they don't normally stock these whole systems but I am getting nervous and contemplating calling Mastercard to dispute the charge.

Set me straight.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Mr.Ski
2nd Gear Member

Unless you can get a better answer than that with an exact ship date, that is exact what i would do. If they are having problems getting it, the least they could do is contact you and let you know. Definately not the way to run a business.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:59 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

not sure what to say about the delay,
except it sucks....great choice on the s/c
though and i hope you get it soon.

i do think that they want to sell it to you, just
as much as you want to buy it, so i'm
pretty sure they are doing everything in their
power to get it to you.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:08 AM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

Have they actually charged your card. Most reputable shops won't charge your card until the item ships, especially a high dollar item like that. If they've had your money for over a month and you have no product, I would strongly consider cancelling the order and demanding a full refund unless they can provide you with a firm date.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:12 AM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by breathegood
Have they actually charged your card. Most reputable shops won't charge your card until the item ships, especially a high dollar item like that. If they've had your money for over a month and you have no product, I would strongly consider cancelling the order and demanding a full refund unless they can provide you with a firm date.
+1

Product or refund. One month+ is too long.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:38 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

agreed, they need to give you a tracking number or money back.. At the very least a plausable explination. There are many other shops you can order that setup from and probably have it shipped same day.... You can call procharger and see if they are a autorized dealer, or if procharger themself has suffered any production delays also.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:33 PM
nem
2nd Gear Member

to me thats long enough without anymore info from them. i would file thru the CC and order from another vendor. JPC used to have the lowest pricing on Prochargers. You could call ATI and ask if they have recieved an order from them
Old 12-03-2009, 02:35 PM
kentompkins
1st Gear Member

We got another email (shortly after I made this post today). Bob at Exotic Performance Plus wrote "The ProCharger will be arriving next week to you guys. I'll send you a tracking number as soon as I have it."

Chronology is:

10/30 - spent 16 minutes on the phone ordering the system
10/30 - Mastercard charged for full purchase price

11/13 - email sent to check on order status

11/17 - email responded to with "your ProCharger should be ready to ship shortly. I'll give you a heads up when I have a tracking number."

Around Thanksgiving - a call yields that it will ship "soon."

12/1 - email responded to with "The ProCharger will be arriving next week to you guys. I'll send you a tracking number as soon as I have it."

It doesn't help that I am deployed and trying to track this $%#@ down via what little time I get an a computer on base.

So, it's supposed to arrive next week. I think I'll call ProCharger to see if they're shipping it.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:43 PM
kentompkins
1st Gear Member

Ok, so I called ProCharger (very nice lady who answered btw - sounds smokin hot).

She confirmed that Exotic Performance Plus is one of their best dealers and orders a lot (stressed LOT) of product.

She asked me some questions about what I got and when it came to the Helical Gear Set she said that those often take a lot longer.

So.... this is at least plausible although all they had to do was tell me that to begin with.

She said either he should be able to give me a tracking number this week if he expects me to receive it next week.

I will be patient on this one for a little bit longer because:

1) their price rocked
2) they are a reputable installer
3) I really would rather not go through the trouble of getting the CC issuer involved.
4) I prefer it when vendors come through (albeit delayed).

Let you all know next week...
Old 12-03-2009, 02:52 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

the fact that procharger stood up for them, I would be a little more forgiving, but they should at least tell you op front whats going on.

Quick Reply: How long is too long to wait for SC