Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 05:29 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Lighted Door Sills.... Long and informative install with pics!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:34 AM
BaDStAnGT
2nd Gear Member

Nice write up!!
this is something i will for sure do in the future..
do you mind telling us where you got them?
Old 12-05-2009, 08:50 AM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BaDStAnGT
Nice write up!!
this is something i will for sure do in the future..
do you mind telling us where you got them?
Yeah I think they were among a load of things I got from Lightning Force Performance. If you are only getting those from them though, you will be hit with a heavy shipping cost. About 30 bucks..... so that will bump the price up!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:58 AM
BaDStAnGT
2nd Gear Member

oh okay thanx man.. they look sweeet!!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:55 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Step 1
NEVER LAY ANYTHING METAL ON TOP OF YOUR BATTERY.
IDIOT.
Step 2
DONT USE THOSE CRAPPY 3M SCOTCHLOCK INSULATION
DISPLACEMENT CONNECTORS FOR ANYTHING BESIDES
KEEPING THE KITCHEN TRASHBAG FROM FLOATING AWAY.

Otherwise, good install, bad mechanic practices.
Lead others down the wrong path with 'not up to
par with the forum' DIY tutorials.
The wires you are trying to tap into behind the
A-Pillar trim are fully accessable without removing
any trim down at the SmartJunction Box.
Doing it the hard way there and promoting it as well.
A for effort.
F for procedures.

Last edited by 157dB; 12-05-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:05 PM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
Step 1
NEVER LAY ANYTHING METAL ON TOP OF YOUR BATTERY.
IDIOT.
Step 2
DONT USE THOSE CRAPPY 3M SCOTCHLOCK INSULATION
DISPLACEMENT CONNECTORS FOR ANYTHING BESIDES
KEEPING THE KITCHEN TRASHBAG FROM FLOATING AWAY.

Otherwise, good install, bad mechanic practices.
Lead others down the wrong path with 'not up to
par with the forum' DIY tutorials.
The wires you are trying to tap into behind the
A-Pillar trim are fully accessable without removing
any trim down at the SmartJunction Box.
Doing it the hard way there and promoting it as well.
A for effort.
F for procedures.

Who died and made you king??? Geez, nice attitude!

Step 1.... why?? What is your reason for this???

Step 2.... Why?? They have worked fine for me for years???

I didn't realize that everyone had to follow your methods or get on the highway??

I was actually following the instructions that came with the kit.... from FORD!!! All I was doing was making life easier for people with clear photography and step by step guides rather than their crappy drawn diagrams!

A+ for aggression and making a new member feel welcome
F- for social skills!!

(PS... you'll see that I said that my way may not be great for everyone..... but worked for me)

Last edited by elmo3000; 12-05-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Edited for the OP..............

Last edited by Croft; 12-05-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:16 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...oor-sills.html
I take it you have never had a battery explode on you, have you?
Welcome new member.
Your DIY leaves much to be desired. Thats the point being made.
Take it or leave it. Roll with the flow or drown.
Do a simple U tube of exploding car batteries and see what the dangers are.
Did you even search lighted doorsills before doing your install?
And no jackassedness does not relate to ***** size, another idiot backing up the first idiot.
I always thought they hung around in pairs, (get it)?

Last edited by 157dB; 12-05-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:37 PM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...oor-sills.html
I take it you have never had a battery explode on you, have you?
Welcome new member.
Your DIY leaves much to be desired. Thats the point being made.
Take it or leave it. Roll with the flow or drown.
Do a simple U tube of exploding car batteries and see what the dangers are.
Did you even search lighted doorsills before doing your install?
And no jackassedness does not relate to ***** size, another idiot backing up the first idiot.
I always thought they hung around in pairs, (get it)?

Okay, I'm here to enjoy the forum, not be bullied or belittled by other members.... so far from what I have seen of your posts on here you have yet to have a good word on anything! Look, I'm not looking for an argument or any kind of confrontation, but if you have something positive to add to what people have tried to do, try and pose your views in the manner of an adult rather than a stomping 5 year old's rage!

No I haven't had a battery explode on me, but the way that you are talking you obviously have..... who's the idiot now?

I really do fail to see how me showing people what sockets to use and placing the wrench on the plastic at the top of the battery (away from the terminals) is going to cause some sort of global melt down? Again I'm open to "friendly" advise.

As for my DIY, I have been working on my own cars now since I was 18 (now 33) and never had a problem. If they ARE the wrong way to do things then again I'm open to advice. (Maybe that is why at 33 I'm a retired CEO of a Multi Million Dollar Currency House as opposed to being a mechanic)

Maybe if you spent less time searching YouTube for videos, posting 9000+ messages on here in just over what looks like 2 years and went out and socialized with people rather than your keyboard maybe you would have better interactive and social skills.

Judging by the positive responses I have had from posting this, many others on here have found it useful. Maybe it would be wise that you post a link to the other "lighted door sills" write ups so that they can make their own judgments on what to do.

As I said before I'm not looking for a knuckle fight through a keyboard, nor did I mention anything of ***** size.... as for me I care not for size as that doesn't interest me, my wife and I are happy, have 2 children and a happy life..... as for you, you may wish to check to see if you still have one or the use of it!!

This will be the last I will say on the matter!! But was the last kind of response I expected from a member (you) against another member (me) on a place that was meant to be a friendly and helpful forum.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:04 PM
4LSlvr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by elmo3000
Okay, I'm here to enjoy the forum, not be bullied or belittled by other members.... so far from what I have seen of your posts on here you have yet to have a good word on anything! Look, I'm not looking for an argument or any kind of confrontation, but if you have something positive to add to what people have tried to do, try and pose your views in the manner of an adult rather than a stomping 5 year old's rage!

No I haven't had a battery explode on me, but the way that you are talking you obviously have..... who's the idiot now?

I really do fail to see how me showing people what sockets to use and placing the wrench on the plastic at the top of the battery (away from the terminals) is going to cause some sort of global melt down? Again I'm open to "friendly" advise.

As for my DIY, I have been working on my own cars now since I was 18 (now 33) and never had a problem. If they ARE the wrong way to do things then again I'm open to advice. (Maybe that is why at 33 I'm a retired CEO of a Multi Million Dollar Currency House as opposed to being a mechanic)

Maybe if you spent less time searching YouTube for videos, posting 9000+ messages on here in just over what looks like 2 years and went out and socialized with people rather than your keyboard maybe you would have better interactive and social skills.

Judging by the positive responses I have had from posting this, many others on here have found it useful. Maybe it would be wise that you post a link to the other "lighted door sills" write ups so that they can make their own judgments on what to do.

As I said before I'm not looking for a knuckle fight through a keyboard, nor did I mention anything of ***** size.... as for me I care not for size as that doesn't interest me, my wife and I are happy, have 2 children and a happy life..... as for you, you may wish to check to see if you still have one or the use of it!!

This will be the last I will say on the matter!! But was the last kind of response I expected from a member (you) against another member (me) on a place that was meant to be a friendly and helpful forum.

i know i know hte icon doesnt fit, but i really want to use it, since i havent seen it yet

i do agree with you here! and btw- nice writeup, id use the plastic splicers too, simply b/c if they break, they are only a few pennies, and then i can go back and spend about 15 to 30 min prepping and soldering. and if they do work, it leave me more time with the wife, which lets the money get spend easier
Old 12-06-2009, 02:02 AM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

lol, 157db anger.

Do they have lighted sills that just say "mustang"?

Quick Reply: Lighted Door Sills.... Long and informative install with pics!