Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those of you who stated your love for the Electronics Package...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 01:00 PM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

Default For those of you who stated your love for the Electronics Package...

THANK YOU.

{begin selfish gloating}
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Ford-V....html?x=0&.v=1

{end selfish gloating}

(the Clarion-Supplied Ford/Lincoln/Mercury systems that got rated here are the same ones that ended up in the 2010 vehicle lineup, including our Mustangs).
Old 12-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

I will have to say this is one of the best sounding and put together sound system I have had... My Infiniti G35 had the bose system that maybe sounded a tad better but it rattled to hell so I wasn't very impressed with the overall make of the system. The electronics package is one of the big things that sold me on this car.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:56 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Thank you FordEngineer for this great system you have helped put together. I absolutely love it....
Old 12-04-2009, 10:04 PM
grettann

For the most part I do love the Electronics package. I have just had some issues with Phone pairing, and I would love to know how I can update the CDDB info so that I dont have to type in any CD I buy that was released since May.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:35 AM
gmlgmlgml

It is truly a fantastic implementation of technology.
- the integration with my iPod is superb (I have various docking stations in the house that don't quite get it right)
- the doppler radar is very helpful here in Houston where we are subject to harsh thunderstorms
- never imagined controlling temp and fan speed via the touch screen
- looking up freeway speeds and wrecks helps our carpool to get to work faster
- checking out sports team results is handy
- when listening to a football game on Sirius, the score is piped in on-screen
- the user interface works flawlessly (obviously the systems engineers were good - home, return, quite all are at the right points)
- finding the closest Mexican restaurant is easy
- finding best gas prices

I have read elsewhere that it will take typical OEM's a good 2 years to catch up to this implementation. And even then, they could only cover the basics (e.g. music, Nav). No way they will cover climate control, etc.)

And my Camaro and Vette buddies admit their systems are totally useless compared to this.

And agree with the other post that this is one of the primary reasons I upgraded to my 5th mustang (2nd vert).

here is me . . .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2616953...7621823057481/
Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 AM
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

No, thank YOU!

As an engineer myself, I know how difficult it is to get anything this complicated and intricate right the first time. But you did it.

After a short learning curve, the available options provided to the driver is nothing short of amazing.

I know most buy the Mustang for its mechanical prowess, and justifiably so, but those times when it is just a commuter or traveller, the electronics package keeps us entertained until it is time to get on the gas!

Job 1 well done!
Old 12-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I was just building my own car on another website the other day and it occurred to me... aren't CD's pretty much obsolete now?
If most car stereos are compatible with iPods and other mp3 players, or have a built-in hard drive that can be synced with a computer, who's going to need those 6 CD players anymore?
Old 12-07-2009, 01:27 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I prefer AM radio myself....
Old 12-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Orion_240
I was just building my own car on another website the other day and it occurred to me... aren't CD's pretty much obsolete now?
If most car stereos are compatible with iPods and other mp3 players, or have a built-in hard drive that can be synced with a computer, who's going to need those 6 CD players anymore?
It can read MP3 CDs. That's around 140 songs. I agree with you, however, I can't imagine CDs will be completely removed from vehicles for a while still. Copying MP3s to a 8GB+ flash drive makes a lot more sense than continually burning MP3 CDs.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:23 PM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gmlgmlgml
I have read elsewhere that it will take typical OEM's a good 2 years to catch up to this implementation. And even then, they could only cover the basics (e.g. music, Nav). No way they will cover climate control, etc.)
Check out what's coming next, starting next model year for some vehicles: http://www.engadget.com/photos/myfor...584014#2584018

Originally Posted by gmlgmlgml
- never imagined controlling temp and fan speed via the touch screen
Have you tried doing it by voice yet? "Climate, Temperature Seventy-Eight" (or whatever temp you want)

Quick Reply: For those of you who stated your love for the Electronics Package...