Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #41
JThor
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT

I've had mine up to 130, and many times cruising between between 90 and 100. No issue with the hood. I think you are right that something is wrong with your hood. PM the FordCustomerService, above. I have had really good luck with them.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
JThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #42
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT

It's only in the left/right side by the lights that are lifting....3 years later, it still does it, haven't blown off yet. My 2year old son did smack the hood with a golf club, almost thought I would have to replace it, but there is no dings, just some chipped paint..sigh!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #43
bloodybobber

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang GT Candyapple Red
Robert Bradbury
Default Hood lifting at speed

I emailed ford customer rep and they replied that the factory hoods are bonded on the edge and on some of the inner bracing. My hood has no bonding so the inner and outer panels slide on each other where they are folded and crimped and allow hood to bend and lift. I would be willing to bet that the problem hoods are no longer bonded and the hoods that are staying down are still bonded. If you guys who read this could check your hoods for bonding along the side and front edges we can have a consensus on this issue. Since mine is not bonded drivers side front corner will move up and down a foot with out pass side moving as it sits open on prop rod.
bloodybobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #44
JThor
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodybobber View Post
I emailed ford customer rep and they replied that the factory hoods are bonded on the edge and on some of the inner bracing. My hood has no bonding so the inner and outer panels slide on each other where they are folded and crimped and allow hood to bend and lift. I would be willing to bet that the problem hoods are no longer bonded and the hoods that are staying down are still bonded. If you guys who read this could check your hoods for bonding along the side and front edges we can have a consensus on this issue. Since mine is not bonded drivers side front corner will move up and down a foot with out pass side moving as it sits open on prop rod.
Mine is bonded and sealed. It is like one piece. As stated above, I have no issues with my hood.
JThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:12 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
100mph, 1986, bounce, flying, gt500, highway, hood, lifting, mustang, open, rubber, speed, speeds, stops, trufiber, vibration