Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metal Noise When Accelerating

Old 12-20-2009, 11:44 AM
roxmysox99

Default Metal Noise When Accelerating

Hey yall.

I've been recently experiencing this weird metal buzzing noise when lightly accelerating on the highway. It happens between 40 and 85 when i throw the RPMs up to around 2,500. This noise only happens when my car is cold. The noise continues until the engine is COMPLETELY warmed up (like the gauge is in the middle). It seems like an engine problem maybe. You know the noise that the car makes when your lightly accelerating at low RPMs? Like that little rumble? Well it occurs during that range but its this metal buzzing ugly noise. I'm gonna be taking it into the dealer tomorrow but i hope my car doesn't warm up by the time i get there. I'll make sure i take the service manager/mechanic on a ride and show them the noise. I just wanted to get yall (the professionals) opinions.

I drive an 08 Mustang GT Automatic.

Thanks,
Maleeh Effendi.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

There are a few items that are known for a "metallic buzz". Heatshield vibrations, exhaust clamp tightness and the tranny spacer plate (or something or another; there's a TSB for it).
Old 12-20-2009, 03:07 PM
roxmysox99

I know the TSB for the "stupid metal rattling noise at 3k rpm! EDIT: SOLUTION FOUND 9/7/07 " but i thought that was for only a manual transmission... or is it?

Can you provide links for me to these TSBs? Cause i cant find one besides the above one that could be the problem. And the one above is for manual mustangs...
Old 12-20-2009, 07:42 PM
roxmysox99

Anyone?

BTW the noise seems to only happen in the gear where the car cruises between 60 and 80 MPH. And the noise only happens under slight acceleration..

BTW its an automatic.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:43 PM
roxmysox99

The reason i want to get yalls oppinion is because the dealer near my house in Houston are not very nice and will just reject my claim if i don't have substantial evidence.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:55 PM
08SGT
1st Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...tech-info.html

the TBS are in the link above you will have to scroll down but you will see them
i am not sure if they are all there i did not look but there are some TSB
Old 12-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Thor20003

I have a buzz or rattle right now and found it to be my muffler hanger vibrating against the hanger bracket. I just had new exhaust put on the the hanger is too close.
Good luck finding yours. I was lucky to get it to happen once when sitting still, in gear, with the foot brake on. I had my wife "drive" while I got out and found the noise.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

I have a similar noise, it's like a metal or almost electronic buzzing noise (not a rattle). I sounds like it's coming from the dash area. I only hear it under slight acceleration and it's real quiet, windows have to be up and the radio off.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:34 AM
roxmysox99

Originally Posted by Black3vGT
I have a similar noise, it's like a metal or almost electronic buzzing noise (not a rattle). I sounds like it's coming from the dash area. I only hear it under slight acceleration and it's real quiet, windows have to be up and the radio off.
THATS IT! THATS MY NOISE!

Now the solution? My car is at the dealer right now. My electronic buzzing noise seems to only happen between 60 to 80 MPH under extremely light acceleration. And it is quiet.

I guess we have the same problem.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by roxmysox99
THATS IT! THATS MY NOISE!

Now the solution? My car is at the dealer right now. My electronic buzzing noise seems to only happen between 60 to 80 MPH under extremely light acceleration. And it is quiet.

I guess we have the same problem.
Hey I fixed it last night, it's a pretty complicated procedure though.

Here's how I did it,

I reached over and smacked the passenger side of the center console. And it freaking went away haven't heard it last night or this morning.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Metal Noise When Accelerating