Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger Regrets

Old 12-30-2009, 11:41 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

go with the ***** best.........WHIPPLE!

Old 12-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Noone regrets not getting a turbo? They cost less than the twin screw and produce more power don't they? So what's the prob?
Old 12-30-2009, 11:52 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
Noone regrets not getting a turbo? They cost less than the twin screw and produce more power don't they? So what's the prob?
nothing wrong with turbos. just not for me. i like the old school look of a TS sitting on top the engine when you open the hood, bam, there it is. the TS just has a neater appearance, IMO.
also TS= instant power, stop lite to stop lite power.
i dont regret the turbo one bit.
i think bottom line is you gotta get what you really want, whether it be a Whipple (which is the best of course), Eforce, saleen, vortech, procharger, etc., it thats what you really want then get it. for me it is the whipple, if i got anything else i would always wonder, what if i got a whipple instead.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I've read air->air is probably the best choice for a street car.

So the Paxton 2200 = Vortech HO other than the IC? That's the only difference?

And Mudflap are you for reals dude? You actually LIKE the snow? lol you can have it.
As far as I know, that is the only difference, yes. I see mixed opinions on the air/air vs liquid. Many say the liquid will cool better, however it does contain more parts than the straightforward air/air setup (to me more parts = more points of failure). If I had my choice, I'd probably go air/air.

Yeah I like the snow. I thought I didn't when I moved away from Utah, but I miss the change of seasons. The trees are just now starting to drop leaves in TX. We didn't even put up a Christmas tree, lol. Its hard to feel festive when its 50 degrees and sunny everyday. Give me the 4 distinct seasons any day...
Old 12-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Noob question. Why is it that the centris always produce less torque than the twin screws? Why the disparity with the centris w/regard to hp/tq numbers?
Old 12-30-2009, 02:21 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Aren't all these kits designed specifically for these cars? I don't understand that statement.

The best way to understand it is to read the install directions for each blower. I did before I purchased and at the time Whipple had the least amount of modifications required. KB had the most, then Roush, then Saleen, then Whipple. I think that now the Edelbrock requires the least amount (maybe zero) modifications.

The centris I was looking at were pretty straight forward too. Grind off a tab on the drivers side head, piggy back a fuel pump on to the existing one, relocate the power steering reservoir, and a few splices.

If you want to see alot of steps look at the kb manual.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:43 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

with the edelbrock unit is it possible to put the stock manifold cover that came with the cars over that, so unless a trained eye sees it they don't even know its an SC???
Old 12-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

I never bothered trying, but doubt it would fit along with questioning why it would be needed. This thing already looks very stealthy and most everyone who looks at requires an explanation... "where is the supercharger" ?
Old 12-30-2009, 03:24 PM
RoushGT
1st Gear Member

To the OP: No regrets getting a supercharger whatsoever. Sometimes I wonder what a different brand or type would be like, but I have been very happy with the Procharger unit and would do it again.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doogie65
I never bothered trying, but doubt it would fit along with questioning why it would be needed. This thing already looks very stealthy and most everyone who looks at requires an explanation... "where is the supercharger" ?
Yeah lol I get the same thing. Everything thinks the top of the Saleen is just a cover.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Supercharger Regrets