Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drifting in the Stang

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 07:53 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gt/cs07
I didn't want to come off preachy. My Mustang has been at the body shop just like alkemist. Don't want to see yours end up there too.
That's alright...you didn't sound preachy at all. Did your Stang end up in the body shop due to winter woes, too?

Here's an interesting video for ***** and giggles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5ybVwxh5V4

Last edited by satur9poet; 01-03-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:49 PM
gt/cs07
2nd Gear Member

Mine is in the shop but not due to weather. An idiot rear ended my car. The girl was on her cell phone not paying attention.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:22 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

That sucks! You know that driving while yakking/texting is as bad as driving while drunk? In my area they're passing laws against driving while using cellphones...much good it does as I still see the majority of drivers glued to their phone.

It's a car, not a phone booth. If it's THAT urgent, pull over and take the call!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by satur9poet
Are those summer tires or all-season? I like your rims, BTW!
In the sig was the old rims my cars never seen snow unless backing out of my garage. I was backing it up today with its new shoes and tires which are summers...

Pic was taken a couple weeks ago before the snow fell
Old 01-03-2010, 10:34 PM
bm2088hp
2nd Gear Member

Damn I really envy you dude. My stang has been in hibernation for about 3 weeks now. I took her out for a spin this past weekend but with the frozen road and summer tires the handling wasn't that great. I was being really cautious too. I know a few of the guys on here already got into a few accidents coz of the snow and ice. I can't wait for spring to come but unfortunately have to deal with this BS weather for another 3 months :/. Have fun and drive safe!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Boondoggie
1st Gear Member

This is my first winter with the Mustang, but not my first with RWD, in fact I've never owned a FWD or 4WD car.

It does just fine in the snow with snow tires. Drove out through the plow berm and left my "sowhatreyougoingtodriveinthewinter" coworkers behind digging out. This isn't a 60/40 foxbody, the s197 has only 53/47.

I firmly believe there is no such thing as a bad snow car, only bad tires, and bad drivers.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:51 AM
dagamore
2nd Gear Member

i also love driving my mustang in the snow, its a blast, this is the second winter with it, and with 2 bags of mortar mix(25.5KG@2.5euros) and 1 35lb box of kitty litter for traction adder. I have heard bad things about keeping salt in the trunk, something about if its not sealed it causing the trunk to rust very quickly!

But as long as you don't use your throttle as an off/on switch, and you have good AS or winter (M&S) tires you are fine with a mustang.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:46 AM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Well you have to know how to handle your rear wheel drive stang in the snow and how better to do that than in an open parking lot....

I've had my share of "testing out the stang" this winter along with the previous 2 winters. Never had weight in back and just run the factory pirelli's. Car does great in the winter.

Had some guy at the gas station just last night come up to me asking me how the stang does in the winter because he was considering one. I told him "great, get one!"
Old 01-05-2010, 06:26 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

Well, we got DUMPED ON this week...2 and a half feet of snow, most roads still a horrid mess. With the Blizzaks the car is fantastic!!! Even though my commute turned into 90 minutes of watching 4WD Audis spin like tops and ping-pong from one curb to the other, my Stang felt very solid and stable.

Never got stuck or spun out...however a minute after stepping out of the car, I slipped and fell on right on my *** in front of a bunch of gawking people at a gas station. Nice way to end a workday.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:59 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by satur9poet
...however a minute after stepping out of the car, I slipped and fell on right on my *** in front of a bunch of gawking people at a gas station. Nice way to end a workday.
doh.

Quick Reply: Drifting in the Stang