Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The dirty little secret in the Mustang world..

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 08:07 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
You not listing the name means this whole thing is probably a joke.
I can find out the name if I really wanted to.
The Florida Mustang world is actually a small world.
Someone in Longwood fits that profile...
Old 01-04-2010, 08:09 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fort LiquordaleGT
I'm not going to say who said this, it's how he makes a living, but he's very famous in the Mustang world. So while some of you guys bash me, it's him, the very person who puts food on the table laughing as people plow money into the s197.

When the new Stang comes out, the companies that make super chargers are going to have to face a new shift in the market, no longer will anyone need a SC. Just another example of how the market has changed.

Ford is building 3 great variants of the Stang thus the after market is no longer needed as in the past as a result the people who earn a living in that after market ecosystem are worried the end is in sight for a chunk of that industry.

Back in the day a Saleen was miles ahead of anything ford could produce, now even base GT's with 15k plowed into them can't beat the package of the GT500...

You sir, are a moron.

Just because the new mustang is going to have more power does not mean people will suddenly stop buy superchargers....

Corvettes will still be faster than this new mustang... and people supercharge those. People also supercharge vipers and just about everything else.

There is no end all. People will ALWAYS modify their cars NO MATTER WHAT IT IS.

I put about $2,000 worth of suspension parts and a couple performance parts into a Hyundai elantra. I knew the car was a peice, but it was mine and I wanted it to perform to the best of it's ability. And it performed pretty darn good for what it was.

When I bought my Mustang, I thought I wouldn't modify it, because it was the most powerful car i'd ever owned and I thought it would be enough. But eventually I got used to the power and now I want to mod it.

Even if I had the cash in my hand to buy a brand new GT500, I wouldn't do it. I don't want one. I'd rather have my GT and that spare cash. The only thing I would do different if I could go back in time... is wait a little longer to buy my GT so I could have paid off my Elantra and keep it as a DD.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:24 PM
topbliss
2nd Gear Member

I can't believe you guys would even reply to the op and his troll post. He obviously is trying to justify his gt500 purchase and makes up a story about his buddy the shop owner. Don't believe a word of it.. And don't reply to it..
Old 01-04-2010, 08:27 PM
notsofast
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
I can find out the name if I really wanted to.
The Florida Mustang world is actually a small world.
Someone in Longwood fits that profile...
Should be easy to find per OP's description - just listen for laughter around the dinner table.

Still not sure I understand the OP's point. The enjoyment of one's hobbies can't often be justified in strictly economic terms - maybe that's why we find them to be so much fun.

Perhaps the OP can turn on the vette folks and badger z06 owners for not getting a Zr1.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:29 PM
ShakenRoush05
2nd Gear Member

Liquordale,

I say this respectfully or as respectfully as this can be said!!

While you snicker at the customer's' that obviously pay your buddies way and you sitting in the bit**hes seat, not everyone has the coin or can get approved to walk in and but a Shelby GT 500. In addition, some people can not afford the monthly payment and pay as you go works for them, not to say that everyone wants one either. YOU seem to have lost the spirit that our hobby is all about, or you are a poser!

First and foremost every Mustang is a great car, no matter what level its owner has taken her to. Second, buying base and upgrading is part of the experience and fun to do. I have spent every bit of 30 years toying with, rebuilding and driving Stangs. Not everyone has to have the most horsepower, those that do probably have been "shorted" in other areas, if you catch my drift.

As for your buddy, he should be grateful for people like you, me and the thousands of other Stangers that keep this dream alive. I noticed you drive an 06 GT, where's your GT 500... and which category do you fall into. It pisses me off that people that have nothing good to say, say anything.

So I apologize to everyone for unloading here, but his post pressed my button.

To all of you out there - Keep on Keep'in On!!!!! L.T.R.R.L. Bikes and Stangs
Old 01-04-2010, 08:33 PM
GlassVapor
2nd Gear Member

Thread Fail
Old 01-04-2010, 08:59 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert

Don't you feel like an idiot for buying an 06 GT when someone else could have gotten two SN95 car's and made them both faster? Or a pair of F bodies that would totally wipe the floor with your car?
not me, those cars are ugly as hell...who cares how fast the car is...
Old 01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
THEBLACKSTANG
4th Gear Member

Its very rare that you don't take somewhat of a bath on a car. If you buy cars as investments (other than some classics) you won't make much, if any money.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:27 PM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

Anyone else think this guy sounds suspiciously like a fox owner from the MFOT on a different account? I've dabbled in OT and some of those guys kind of sound like this when on the subject of S197s...probably just trying to troll us.

Last edited by UpTo11; 01-04-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:34 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilasX93
Anyone else think this guy sound suspiciously like a fox owner from the MFOT on a different account? I've dabbled in OT and some of those guys kind of sound like this when on the subject of S197s...probably just trying to troll us.
I wouldn't be surprised. It's Monday after the Holidays. Someone's prolly got a case of the Mondays.

Quick Reply: The dirty little secret in the Mustang world..