Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Losing my patience

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 12:53 PM
bustacrab
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by douglasland
PM Sent Ford Engineer!

Jack: My Dealer has specifically told me since October that I can't get rebates that have past. He did offer me an ability to purchase the car (on paper) prior to it arriving but I'm leery of doing that. I have had a previous car (Dodge) be delivered with damage from transit.
That is a complete LIE. Check with FORD because the dealers do not honor the rebates FORD does. They'll take your rebate cash and pocket it THEMSELVES if you stand for this bull****.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:47 AM
jasezero
2nd Gear Member

Ahhhhrrrrggggg...3 days and my car hasn't moved from Ohio...just called the dealership to see what is going on...wtf i thought trains were supposed to be able to move things efficiently...
Old 01-08-2010, 09:11 PM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Hey at least you are on the East Coast. I've got to wait to get all the way to CA. :-) We can do it!!!!
Old 01-09-2010, 10:44 AM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Ahhh man that sucks. The bonus of ordering is you get exactly what you want, the pain is waiting... i bought my stang right off the lot mostly because i did'nt want to many options...but when your baby arrives you will forget the pain of waiting...
Old 01-09-2010, 12:12 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

I feel your pain, I ordered a Dell Alienware laptop and eraytime I look on line at it's status, it says: "In Production". I hope it's worth the wait!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:45 PM
jasezero
2nd Gear Member

Ok this is getting ridiculous...I called the dealership again to see if there was any update on why my car was stuck in Ohio or if it has started its trek to NJ...STILL IN OHIO!

Thats well over a week now starting to push 2 weeks that the car has not moved or been put on a train to be shipped.

The dealership is telling me that they have their Ford Rep looking into why it hasn't shipped yet...because they aren't sure why...honestly to me it sounds like they don't even know where the car is...but they aren't directly saying it...such bull**** and I'm getting really sick of dealing with it...i just want my damn car thats been built for almost a month now (the final build date was 12/14/09) =(
Old 01-12-2010, 08:32 PM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

I was thinking the same thing when I finally figured it out:

Not all the rail companies seem to be offering tracking to Ford's system.

My Railcar was on Norfolk & Southern and seemed to be stuck in MO for days.... Then I finally called and got a human @ Norfolk that told me that the Railcar was transferred to Union Pacific days ago.

In short Ford doesn't seem to have any tracking info from Union Pacific. So the system sits there claiming my car is still in MO when in really isn't. With any luck my car might be here this week!

Hang in there!

Grabber Blue FTW!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:30 PM
jasezero
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by douglasland
I was thinking the same thing when I finally figured it out:

Not all the rail companies seem to be offering tracking to Ford's system.

My Railcar was on Norfolk & Southern and seemed to be stuck in MO for days.... Then I finally called and got a human @ Norfolk that told me that the Railcar was transferred to Union Pacific days ago.

In short Ford doesn't seem to have any tracking info from Union Pacific. So the system sits there claiming my car is still in MO when in really isn't. With any luck my car might be here this week!

Hang in there!

Grabber Blue FTW!
Thanks buddy...hope you get yours soon too...it just doesnt make much sense to me...car was ready the 14th of December...almost 4 full weeks and they still dont have an updated location? Kinda weird to me...
Old 01-14-2010, 08:43 AM
jasezero
2nd Gear Member

Any updates on yours Doug?
Old 01-14-2010, 09:47 AM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jasezero
Any updates on yours Doug?
Today is the magic date Ford's official 800 customer service line has been claiming for arrival. It isn't 8 AM here yet so I'll update you around 5 PDT as to if it arrived.

Quick Reply: Losing my patience