Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just failed emissons test with bama tune?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 01:28 PM
bplemmons
1st Gear Member

Default just failed emissons test with bama tune?

The tech said that the test failed because there was an error reading an o2 sensor or something like that but there were no error coded and no check engine light. he said I need to drive the car 100 miles because the car hasn't been driven much lately but I have read somewhere that Doug at Bamma chips turns off one of the o2 sensors for his programs.I put the stock air box back on and reloaded the stock program. But I haven't went back yet. I email doug too but han't heard back from him yet.....

Has anyone else had this issue?

Bill
Old 01-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Most after market tuners will turn the REAR sensorS off.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:41 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

You'll need an emissions tune from doug to turn back on the appropriate sensors.

Good luck with getting a reply in a timely manner. He's had some issues and is backed up from here to mars. I'm going on a month waiting for an update to my tune.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:50 PM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

I had this issue as well

just loaded up the stock tune, drove for 20 min, and passed

good luck
Old 01-13-2010, 01:53 PM
bplemmons
1st Gear Member

Can't I just put it back to stock for now to get it to pass? And why does he turn off the rear sensor if It will cause you to fail? I understand if you can safely get more performance but it should come with a warning to put your car back to stock before testing.............

Thanks for the quick responses guys

Bill
Old 01-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Flyingpants
2nd Gear Member

If you still have your stock components on the car then by all means just load the stock tune and pass the emissions test with ease.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:16 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bplemmons
And why does he turn off the rear sensor if It will cause you to fail? I understand if you can safely get more performance but it should come with a warning to put your car back to stock before testing.............
It's because most states do emissions once every few years.. in between that time you get to drive wild and make as much pollution as you want. It was probably originally stated or asked if you were in an emissions testing state. As most stated.. you can just go back to stock, ride it for a bit and then go back and you should pass.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:41 PM
jasezero
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bplemmons
Can't I just put it back to stock for now to get it to pass? And why does he turn off the rear sensor if It will cause you to fail? I understand if you can safely get more performance but it should come with a warning to put your car back to stock before testing.............

Thanks for the quick responses guys

Bill
He probably turns it off because it doesnt affect driveability and a lot of people use off road mid pipes (no cats)...but thats just what I can think of offhand...
Old 01-13-2010, 04:02 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Switch back to stock, flash back to stock. Run car a few cycles and retake the emissions test.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:30 AM
bplemmons
1st Gear Member

Default update, I passed...BUT, There is still some issue

I took it back up today and it did pass but he said there was some issue with the fuel evap. system not ready. There are no codes in the system for it but I did see a DTE error yesterday there had been a code the car for a while that said something like low fuel level error and I didn't think much of it. I cleared it and drove the car 65 miles after putting everything back to stock. I rechecked to see if that code was back and it was not coming back up so I don't know if that is related or not. Now I'm a little concerned I may have some fuel system issue. anyone have any ideas?

Bill

Quick Reply: just failed emissons test with bama tune?