Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear bumper cover not lining up

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 06:20 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

My OEM rear GT bumper didnt align perfect either.. the shop manager said she spoke with Ford tech at the corporate office and stated Ford gets a lot of complains about the rear bumper alignment..
Old 01-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

They are plastic, what can you expect
Old 01-30-2010, 01:39 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Well, the bumpers come out attached fine to mustangs when they come out of the factory. Don't know why replacements would be any different.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:10 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by alkemist
My OEM rear GT bumper didnt align perfect either.. the shop manager said she spoke with Ford tech at the corporate office and stated Ford gets a lot of complains about the rear bumper alignment..
Girl, quit listening to this biatch!

She never spoke with Ford tech for one thing and Ford doesn't get a lot of complains about the rear bumper of these cars, nor they do with any other panels.
mmmmmkay?

This bish is putting the blame of her shop schitty repair skills to someone else.
Pretty soon, she'll tell you it's Bush's fault, lol.
I wouldn't be surprised if they got you a used bumper to save a few bucks...
As a matter of a fact, crawl under that car and see if the inside of the bumper has reminiscence of overspray in a different color. If you see anything other than silver, than you know it's not a new bumper.

I think you need to go to small claims...
Old 01-30-2010, 12:45 PM
UBendIMend

Originally Posted by alkemist
Originally Posted by Cal26Stang
They are plastic, what can you expect
I have never had a problem with the rear covers lining up on these cars. Sounds like B.S.to me...
Old 01-30-2010, 02:28 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Girl, quit listening to this biatch!

She never spoke with Ford tech for one thing and Ford doesn't get a lot of complains about the rear bumper of these cars, nor they do with any other panels.
mmmmmkay?

This bish is putting the blame of her shop schitty repair skills to someone else.
Pretty soon, she'll tell you it's Bush's fault, lol.
I wouldn't be surprised if they got you a used bumper to save a few bucks...
As a matter of a fact, crawl under that car and see if the inside of the bumper has reminiscence of overspray in a different color. If you see anything other than silver, than you know it's not a new bumper.

I think you need to go to small claims...
Ok, once the snow clears up and I'll get under the car, and take a look at the bumper. I really wouldn't be shocked if she did lie and just put on the replacement bumper.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:29 PM
gt/cs07
2nd Gear Member

Pascal,

Any ideas how I can fix this thing myself or do I need to continue having it replaced? The part is OEM and brand new. That I can verify. The dealership has a lifetime warranty on their work but I am not happy with the way it is lining up.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Bluemeanie94

Mine has had an issue since new, but had so many real mechanical problems when new I never got it looked at. This summer before warranty runs out...
Mine is also a GT/CS I wonder if the issue is more limited to that bumper? The driver's side specifically is the issue. Doesn't line up and if you press on it, it will POP in place, and pop right back out. Maybe just a bad fastener underneath?
Old 02-07-2010, 01:21 AM
gt/cs07
2nd Gear Member

I wish mine was just a fastener but I don't think so. Before I was rear ended everything matched up just fine. I thought at first it was the quarter panel was worked wrong but it is off equally on both sides.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:34 PM
CKurello
3rd Gear Member

Mine has the same problem. It has a visible gap when you look from the side and a lip next to the tail lights. I'm a ways away from Florida, so any advice how to fix this?

Quick Reply: Rear bumper cover not lining up