Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vortec supercharger not in cold weather The Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 06:36 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

No, I think you're drunk. LOL.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:17 AM
sonicv3gt

so i gt a big problem, so you guys said don't drive like you stole it before the engine up, this is what happened: 9:40 pm super cold , I let my engine worm up for 30 sec, then drove about mile to get some gas, then I drov it hard before 2 stop signs. then drove less hard for 2 miles, while was at stop light, I could hear some kind of static noise,or pause you music but your volume at very high, not sure where it came from, when the light turn green, I drove like I stole it, almost redline it through 1-3 gear, at 4th gear around 5k rpm, I could hear metal sound under my hood, so I break, but it wasn't working well , like couldn't break fully, next smoke came out from my hood, to the cabin, a lot of smoke. while parked at side of the road, my engine sound like straight pipe , very grinding metal sound. I opened my hood found out engine leaking oil, in fact all of them are gone. some oil gone on my right side wheel area. and some oil dropped on the ground. i turn on my key and check if engine broke, or clutch burn out, or transmission went out. it started up, but i quickly turned it off, so the engine still running. so my queston is what happened? what caused it? my guess are, 3 weeks ago i went over a speed bump pretty fast and slam on the bump, and it happened 2nd time 2 weeks ago too. maybe something got bent and when i was redline my car caused too much pressure and oil spray out. 2: redline it too early, my temputure guage was at 1/4 level, not even near the middle, so redline it at barely warm engine at cold weather plus i have V3 supercharger on caused a hole on my engine, or caused a crack near parts have bolts? this morning i pour a cup of oil to my engine and some of them drop out. should i tow it to a shop and take a look? anyone know if this a common supercharger problem? easy fix, i counlt tell where is oil dropping from, i don't have a floor jack, my other jack is too small, and mustang have further jack point then my civic, which is near outside of it. thanks
Old 12-27-2016, 10:42 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

30 seconds of running is not warming up your car. Second, it's cold outside, get a Damn heater for it.

Third, sounds like your engine is toast.

I like your enthusiasm for the car, but taking on a blower car requires some space and tools to work on it or a good shop that can get it fixed.

Find a good shop. Recommended by someone with a mustang and a blower. Take it there.

Good luck.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:56 AM
sonicv3gt

Originally Posted by Simon1
30 seconds of running is not warming up your car. Second, it's cold outside, get a Damn heater for it.

Third, sounds like your engine is toast.

I like your enthusiasm for the car, but taking on a blower car requires some space and tools to work on it or a good shop that can get it fixed.

Find a good shop. Recommended by someone with a mustang and a blower. Take it there.

Good luck.
Called a mechanic checked it oit, he suggested changing oil pan gasket, after all the oil is dripping from the bottom.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:51 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

That's much better than a blown engine!