Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUTO VS. MANUAL?!?! (2011)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 02:07 PM
ronjon400
1st Gear Member

Default AUTO VS. MANUAL?!?! (2011)

so whats the word?? i have an 07' manual....love/hate it. love it that its quick but in busy driving situations it sucks. this time around i think i am gonna get a automatic. Wife wants to drive the 11' also, so that will help.

also i heard that the manual trans is gonna be built in china!! as for the automatic, in good ole' Livonia,MI. here are my thoughts.....lets keep Detroit working! i think china has enough of "our" money! so just a thought.....lets order heavy on the auto's!! keep "our" country working!!
Old 01-20-2010, 02:12 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Personally, I hate autos. For me they totally ruin the driving experience of any type of sporty car. Fine in a minivan or a Buick maybe even a truck, but not a Stang.

But to each his own.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:16 PM
bm2088hp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ronjon400
so whats the word?? i have an 07' manual....love/hate it. love it that its quick but in busy driving situations it sucks. this time around i think i am gonna get a automatic. Wife wants to drive the 11' also, so that will help.

also i heard that the manual trans is gonna be built in china!! as for the automatic, in good ole' Livonia,MI. here are my thoughts.....lets keep Detroit working! i think china has enough of "our" money! so just a thought.....lets order heavy on the auto's!! keep "our" country working!!
+1 to that! When I was about to buy my stang, I was stuck between auto/manual. I went with auto and love it. I live in NYC so the traffic, stop signs, pedestrians, traffic signals, etc. are HORRIBLE. If I lived in an area where I didn't have to stop every 30 frickin' seconds than I would probably go with a manual. Since the 2011 will benefit you and your wife go with the auto IMO. Good luck.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:33 PM
effin' speedracer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
Personally, I hate autos. For me they totally ruin the driving experience of any type of sporty car. Fine in a minivan or a Buick maybe even a truck, but not a Stang.

But to each his own.
agreed!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Here we go again...

Old 01-20-2010, 04:01 PM
07 Cervini
2nd Gear Member

Ford has just started using their dual clutch "Power shift" transmissions, I wouldnt be surprised if they show up in the stang
Old 01-20-2010, 04:10 PM
ronjon400
1st Gear Member

i guess the message i was trying to pound out on this keyboard is ------------->CHINA<-------------
guess i am worried about my old stomping grounds......now they just look stomped......my dad is rolling over in his grave.....worked for chrysler for 40 some years....collected fords tho! his prize possession was a 56' T-Bird with 23K on the ticker......still had vaseline on the tires when his best friend bought it from the family.....anyways just my thoughts!
Old 01-20-2010, 04:31 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Nuke
Here we go again...

Yeah those threads tend to turn to schit but we'll see...

OP, test drive a 6 spd auto (any car) before you get all gun-ho.
There's a lot of shifting going on, unless you turn the overdrive off.
People complain about the 6 spd auto because of that.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:50 PM
wise_jonny
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bm2088hp
+1 to that! When I was about to buy my stang, I was stuck between auto/manual. I went with auto and love it. I live in NYC so the traffic, stop signs, pedestrians, traffic signals, etc. are HORRIBLE. If I lived in an area where I didn't have to stop every 30 frickin' seconds than I would probably go with a manual. Since the 2011 will benefit you and your wife go with the auto IMO. Good luck.

I don't mind driving my manual tranny in the city(nyc). You get used to it. Auto sucks because I don't even feel like I'm driving the car.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:56 PM
bingo2
1st Gear Member

My wife's Infiniti G37S has a 7 speed auto with paddle shifters; it's OK to drive but, I still enjoy working the gears on my own.

Quick Reply: AUTO VS. MANUAL?!?! (2011)