Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Katzkin Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Lakers1
2nd Gear Member

Default Katzkin Opinions?

I plan on putting in a Katzkin interior sometime in the next few weeks. But I'm having trouble decinding what color combo to go with and with what if anything should I put on the headrest. Right now I'm thinking of black with a grey insert with grey stitching. I think that combo would go with my blacked out ride and my carbon fiber dash. At first I was thinking charcoal grey insert with black but it looks like it blends in too much. As far as the headrest should I just leave it black? Put something like GT or STANG or my girlfriends idea BLACK MAMBA in some type of script. I'm a big time Kobe and Lakers fan. The more opinions the better.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:09 PM
bigblue15
1st Gear Member

I was actually watching an episode of Overhaulin yesterday where they were redoing an 05 gt and foose brought in katzkin to do the interior work...first of all they do great work (it seemed at least, and if foose is bringing them in they must be reputable), but anyways they did a grey stitching as well and it looked great...the black and grey would look really good with your ride IMO, and as for on the headrest I would come up with a really cool design for the BLACK MAMBA idea cuz that would just look cool as all get out cuz that's unique to your car, no one else has that...which is something that appeals to me at least
Old 01-26-2010, 07:04 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I like your plan of black, with grey inserts, with the grey stiching. As far as the head rest design, I'd make it simple, like GT, or something.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:27 PM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by americaniron
I like your plan of black, with grey inserts, with the grey stiching. As far as the head rest design, I'd make it simple, like GT, or something.
I agree with this, however if you do the design, the wording may be too long for the headrest? If you do... do it maybe off sync the wording one above the other, with the Mamba below the Black and starting around the "c" on the black..... if that makes sense?

The theme of my car is the "Dominator", that is what I'm having embroidered on mine!

Looking forward to seeing pics of the interior when it gets done!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Lakers1
2nd Gear Member

I'm leaning toward the black with grey inserts and grey stitching. I'm still not sure on the headrest. Any more ideas?
Old 01-27-2010, 01:02 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Ryan, we are doing Supercar Sunday this Sunday and a charity event after. Come and Ill bring the catalog for you. I know people at Katzkin that will be able to help you.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:04 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Old 01-27-2010, 01:10 AM
Lakers1
2nd Gear Member

Your interiors sick Joe. I'm thinking black on the side like you have it and then grey in the middle. I was going to have the headrest black with grey writing. But after seeing yours maybe I'll have it grey also with blsck writing. I think I can make it out this sunday> I'll know for sure closer to the weekend.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 AM
bigtimmy021

If you do grey in the middle of the seat i think it would look great if you continued the grey up on the headrest with black lettering. And black and grey is definitely the way to go with your car. It will look great when done.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:42 AM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

I currently have Katzkin leather seat covers in my stang and the quality is exceptional. Definitly much better than the stock seats. I think your idea of doing the black with grey would look very nice! Here's mine:

Quick Reply: Katzkin Opinions?