Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2011 GT order sheet

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 04:11 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

The great thing about America is that we can have what WE want. I would never tell anyone to get a stick or auto. That is up to them.

My comment above is that I think the Auto will be pretty good on launch with the low first gear.

I don't know where you live in Cali, but I definately understand the traffic thing. My Stang sits in the garage and I drive my F150 in daily traffic. For those guys talking about "a little traffic" or a 30 minute commute, they don't know sh*t about Los Angeles traffic. I drove my Stang in a 2 hour stop and go one day and my frigin clutch leg was worn to hell.

Oh, and my wife drives the Stang sometimes too, even though she isn't very good on a stick, she doesn't tear it up, so it is all good.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:32 PM
itsokimapilot
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastDEW
The great thing about America is that we can have what WE want. I would never tell anyone to get a stick or auto. That is up to them.

My comment above is that I think the Auto will be pretty good on launch with the low first gear.

I don't know where you live in Cali, but I definately understand the traffic thing. My Stang sits in the garage and I drive my F150 in daily traffic. For those guys talking about "a little traffic" or a 30 minute commute, they don't know sh*t about Los Angeles traffic. I drove my Stang in a 2 hour stop and go one day and my frigin clutch leg was worn to hell.

Oh, and my wife drives the Stang sometimes too, even though she isn't very good on a stick, she doesn't tear it up, so it is all good.
You're right I don't know crap all about LA traffic. My point was to get what you want because you want it not to cow tow to some girl that you aren't married to. I'm lucky, I've been married for 12 years and my wife told me to get what I want. Since I'm married I can promise you my happy **** would driving an auto if that is what the wife told me. But the difference is commitment level. That is all.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:54 PM
kierankelly
1st Gear Member

I see what you're saying about the difference between a wife and GF. Makes sense, but our situation is a little different, so she played a part in my decision.

Either way, the car is ordered, and I think I can make due with a 6 speed auto. Should be more than enough fun for me.

I can't wait. Hopefully I can get some answers on a timeline this week.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:24 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kierankelly
The dealer is a family friend and had me set up pretty nicely for a 2010. When I asked about the pricing increase for 2011, he said he'll be able to get me somewhere around x-plan pricing for the 11. I think I can live with that.
Hell yeah I would take that in a heartbeat, the x-plan pricing is great, you will be paying thousands less then other people and won't be subject to mark up.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:30 PM
VA Raptor

Originally Posted by Kona6Stang10
the 2010 beat the marrow in all the road tests except acceleration
I've yet to be beat by any of the 2010 Camaro's I've run across from a dig; at speed is a different story. The SS hauls some serious *** from about 50 on.

I'm completely stock except for a Roush exhaust used for scaring small children and while I'm not crushing Camaro's, I've been close to a car length ahead to 60. The one V6 I ran across, well, let's just say that what everyone says about torque is true

So, I've no doubts the 2011 will be able to hand the SS its *** on a regular basis.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 PM
steppetoes

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
The 6-speed auto's first is like 4.xx. It's a REALLY low gear. I can see why the rear end is the way it is. 4.10's on there would be insane.

Insanely fun that is!
Exactly. Lots of comments about 3.15's being too tall without knowing what the ratios in the trans are. With that deep first gear 3:15 is probably just fine.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:34 AM
SirDrums
2nd Gear Member

I am surpised that the 2011 GT is breaking the 40k mark. I thought the pricing sheet leaked out (I know "leaked") showed that the MSRP were not that different between a '10 and '11.

I guess its the options that get you. A base 10' and '11 GT are prob not that far apart in price but I bet that the mark up in options in such that the more options you add the larger the gap in price between '10 and '11 get.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:30 AM
CB617
1st Gear Member

When I price the 2010 model, like I want it, on the Ford site it comes to $38180.00. I am sure there would be some discounts to be had from this price. I can't include the Brembo option on the '10. The actual 2011, ordered from dealer, with the brembo package will cost me $39,200.00. I don't think that is an outrageous price increase.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:07 PM
kierankelly
1st Gear Member

I stopped into the dealer yesterday because I saw a white 2010 GT out front. I hadn't seen one in white yet, and I was told previously that one would be in as a retail order. This one also had the saddle interior, which I ordered, but hadn't seen.

I loved it. The saddle just looks so damn nice as a contrast between the black interior and white exterior.

Dealer couldn't tell me any new info. It seems as if I know more than he does strictly from reading the forums. Hopefully the orders start to get pulled soon and we can all start counting down the days.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:11 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

40000?

Jesus Christ.

Quick Reply: My 2011 GT order sheet