Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suede Headliner, Painted Console/Side Panels, and Shaved Antenna Done!!! lots of pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:28 AM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

Default Suede Headliner, Painted Console/Side Panels, and Shaved Antenna Done!!! lots of pics

so i got a wild hair up my a$$ the other day and decided it was time to change a few things up a bit.

first of which was the headliner and sun visors. i have seen a couple people do sued before and i like the look a lot. the pics dont do it justice. its much better in person. its a suttle mod that really adds a lot to the interior. im lucky enough to be in good with a good local interior guy so i got it done for just the cost of the materials. i took the headliner out and installed it myself, so im sure that saved me a few bucks as well.

next up was the console. i have seen more people do this than the headliner, but i like it just as much. obviously this is a much more noticable mod, but its not too "loud" since i have a black car with a black interior. i got this done by the same body shop that shaved my antenna. i do a lot of freebie work for them at my dealer so they hook me up with paint and body work whenever its needed as long as its not outrageous.

last but definatly not least, is the shaved antenna. ive actually had this done for a while, but ive been to lazy to post any pics. sorry the cars a little dirty in these, but theyre the only pics ive got thus far. this was done after a fender bender. i had my body shop just shave the hole on the new fender before paint. they did it for free but i still tipped the guy because he did a great job. you cant even tell theres supposed to be a hole there.

thanks for lookin. let me know what you think.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:31 AM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Looks great buddy. Now you got me wantin to mod all over again.

Sorry about the fender bender, when did that happen?
Old 02-03-2010, 12:37 AM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

about 6 months ago. the car is fine though, just some sheet metal. if your back in town you should come by and check it out. or we could do another cruise or something
Old 02-03-2010, 12:53 AM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Right on dude. I know, I definitely miss the vegas days. I should be back for vacation in like a month so we can definitely hang out.

You end up re tinting your side markers? That is like one of my favorite mods on mine, it looks so clean
Old 02-03-2010, 01:39 AM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

not yet, im lazy. but its on the list.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:31 AM
distantsoldier
2nd Gear Member

Looks real nice man...think I might have to try something on the center consol similar to what you did. Was already planning on doing the suede headliner, but it's always nice to see pictures to reconfirm it.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

I just had my entire car's exterior re-done with the APR Carbon wide body and had the antenna shaved. What unit did you use to still pick up radio reception after you removed the antenna? Not that there is anything ever good onthe radio but I gotta have my Kevin and Bean in the mornings out here in SoCal!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:22 AM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

i used the metra universal powered antenna from autozone. it was about $20 and it works great!

http://www.metraonline.com/products.aspx?s=44UA205

i tucked up up real close to the front of the headliner so it is not visible when sitting in the car unless you duck down and look for it.

from the drivers view-

it works great, very close to the same reception as the 6ft tall factory unit.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:48 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Looks SICK with the sun visors done up too!

Did you do that yourself? If so, how?
Old 02-05-2010, 05:39 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I still have my stocke black leather interior if you are interested.

Quick Reply: Suede Headliner, Painted Console/Side Panels, and Shaved Antenna Done!!! lots of pics