Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are 11s in my future?.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Johnboy7701
Im assuming you used Dr's as well...
Mickey Thompson babies!!
Originally Posted by Jer5757
i just went to the local 1/8th track n got addicted pretty quick definately agree with calistang. good luck on hitting those low 12s hope ur lucky enough to hit the high 11s
Hell yeah! Thanks.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
+1

Yeah.. I want to take it down the strip to and see what happens LOL. Should have a club get together and go to the strip..

And as for you Laura, you goooooooo girl!! Show those boys what girls can do!!!
Come on out girlfriend! Once the Winter breaks, our club gets together with NVMC.com and head to Mason Dixon dragway for a 4 hour private track rental a few times during the season. This is perfect for newbies to get associated with drag racing and learn how to drive their cars. This is where I first had my cherry popped. You will love it. I'll keep you updated on when we head there. I believe the first one is in April.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

I saw your 60ft time and figured as much... I want to get some maybe when I get down to Texas and have a decent track and prep I'll buy some....
Old 02-05-2010, 09:00 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07CaliGTstang
Come on out girlfriend! Once the Winter breaks, our club gets together with NVMC.com and head to Mason Dixon dragway for a 4 hour private track rental a few times during the season. This is perfect for newbies to get associated with drag racing and learn how to drive their cars. This is where I first had my cherry popped. You will love it. I'll keep you updated on when we head there. I believe the first one is in April.
Awesome!! lol now I really want to get new tires.. maybe summer Nittos are in my near future. Don't know for sure yet.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Johnboy7701
I saw your 60ft time and figured as much... I want to get some maybe when I get down to Texas and have a decent track and prep I'll buy some....
Cool! Good luck.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Awesome!! lol now I really want to get new tires.. maybe summer Nittos are in my near future. Don't know for sure yet.
Cool! I used Nitto 555s when I first went out. They sucked! Obviously, when racing with street tires or drag radials, it's like comparing night and day. You will learn all that when you get into it. There are so many variables. But, of course, it is all about fun.

Now, Nittos for daily driving are great.

On a side note, Nitto just came out with their drag tire....NT05Rs.....which seem to be getting good ratings.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Shaunmac9128
6th Gear Member

11's would be crazy with just those mods. That is a beautiful CS, seriously love it
Old 02-05-2010, 09:13 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07CaliGTstang
Cool! I used Nitto 555s when I first went out. They sucked! Obviously, when racing with street tires or drag radials, it's like comparing night and day. You will learn all that when you get into it. There are so many variables. But, of course, it is all about fun.

Now, Nittos for daily driving are great.

On a side note, Nitto just came out with their drag tire....NT05Rs.....which seem to be getting good ratings.
Ah hah, you have separate drag tires? I was thinking of maybe using my stock rims for winter tires lol. Gonna throw a kink into things.

Originally Posted by Shaunmac9128
That is a beautiful CS, seriously love it
For real, I love the look of that CS, makes me want to get headlight splitters and new headlights, and the background in the picture is lovely.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:20 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

I wish you luck. But you can't see an 11 with that setup. Congrats on the 12's goal you already accomplished. You're a better driver than me. Don't know how my elevation in IL relates to you?
Old 02-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Croft
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shaunmac9128
11's would be crazy with just those mods. That is a beautiful CS, seriously love it
Thanks!
Ah hah, you have separate drag tires? I was thinking of maybe using my stock rims for winter tires lol. Gonna throw a kink into things.

For real, I love the look of that CS, makes me want to get headlight splitters and new headlights, and the background in the picture is lovely.
Put some drag tires on your stockers! There you go.

Originally Posted by brad281
I wish you luck. But you can't see an 11 with that setup. Congrats on the 12's goal you already accomplished. You're a better driver than me. Don't know how my elevation in IL relates to you?
Thanks, but you never know...............it's been done. We are 500ft. above see level, give or take. I don't know what yours is like......

Quick Reply: Are 11s in my future?.....