Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-23-2015, 12:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Who Has an Aftermarket Stereo and Still Has Sync Control?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 02:41 AM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

I guess im alone in thinking spending 3k for a laptop and 5k for a desktop are expensive when I can use them daily for years with out issue......... unlike my stoopid windows pc that has to be brought back and shipped away for repair every 6 months. And btw, I can change the backround on my phone with 4 simple steps, not jail broken. And last time I checked it was my windows 7 asking me if I was sure I wanted to open the internet as it WILL cause my computer to explode and hackers to steal all my info if I click the little orange fox. silly windows fanboys.....
Old 02-13-2010, 07:57 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Does this thread need to be renamed to something "Apple" related? Off topic.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:36 AM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
I guess im alone in thinking spending 3k for a laptop and 5k for a desktop are expensive when I can use them daily for years with out issue......... unlike my stoopid windows pc that has to be brought back and shipped away for repair every 6 months. And btw, I can change the backround on my phone with 4 simple steps, not jail broken. And last time I checked it was my windows 7 asking me if I was sure I wanted to open the internet as it WILL cause my computer to explode and hackers to steal all my info if I click the little orange fox. silly windows fanboys.....
Dave is right. This thread has nothing do with with PC's and should'nt be hijacked like this.

Just to make one final comment since I don't like leaving people ignorant to reality. The Apple computers are great for people who know nothing about computers and just love using technology in any shape or form as long as they don't have to know anything about the guts of it. Same as people who talk about about the power and ratings of cars but know nothing about the mechanical aspects of them. For the rest of us who actually know something about computers, the PC or IBM clones are far superior to Apples in every way for the simple reason that they do the same as and more than the Apple, have more programs written for them , do not break down unless you buy a piece of crap brand that is put together with cheap stuff. I have put together every single PC I own and have only had on motherboard go bad on me. I still have my original 486 from 1993 and it works fine. That is what is called longevity. So if you don't know anything about the inner workings of Windows (which is not great nut it is fairly good), and you don't know anything about the guts of a PC, please don't claim your favorite machine is superior because it isn't. The fact that the PC is used exclusively for business and the Apple is not says a lot. Also, I can assemble a PC with the latest parts, fastest processors, and really good cards for graphics and video and still keep it at around $1000 and it will beat the pants off any Apple.

End of hijack, carry on Dave.

Last edited by chronos; 02-13-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
Dave is right. This thread has nothing do with with PC's and should'nt be hijacked like this.

Just to make one final comment since I don't like leaving people ignorant to reality. The Apple computers are great for people who know nothing about computers and just love using technology in any shape or form as long as they don't have to know anything about the guts of it. Same as people who talk about about the power and ratings of cars but know nothing about the mechanical aspects of them. For the rest of us who actually know something about computers, the PC or IBM clones are far superior to Apples in every way for the simple reason that they do the same as and more than the Apple, have more programs written for them , do not break down unless you buy a piece of crap brand that is put together with cheap stuff. I have put together every single PC I own and have only had on motherboard go bad on me. I still have my original 486 from 1993 and it works fine. That is what is called longevity. So if you don't know anything about the inner workings of Windows (which is not great nut it is fairly good), and you don't know anything about the guts of a PC, please don't claim your favorite machine is superior because it isn't. The fact that the PC is used exclusively for business and the Apple is not says a lot. Also, I can assemble a PC with the latest parts, fastest processors, and really good cards for graphics and video and still keep it at around $1000 and it will beat the pants off any Apple.

End of hijack, carry on Dave.
my comment was a question, not an argument. And was answered in a way that started an argument. All I asked is "wouldnt mac based software make more sense since everybody has an ipod or iphone" Then you guys go all insane and say windows rules and macs suck and everybody is an ignorant idiot that buys a mac. But you have a v-6 mustang so I understand.....
Old 02-13-2010, 05:20 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Wow, you are defensive. I don't think anyone was arguing with you about the software. I think what everyone was saying was that they are not (and would not be) happy with the limitations and controls created by Apple on all their products. Then you went on about the durability of Apple computers and that's when I clarified the differences. No one was bashing or attacking you for liking Apples. If you do, so be it, doesn't really matter. So first you misread the statements, and then you attack V6 Mustangs. Wow, what next dude?
Old 02-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

obama

lol back on topic.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:38 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

OK, I'm with you on that one.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:04 PM
iDance
2nd Gear Member

I may have opted for the lowly six-disk, but the radio/hvac display is all one unit. Unless they are using the navigation's hvac control panel, I don't see any aftermarket panel working like OEM.

My dash is in pieces right now. Pardon the mess.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:44 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

don't know about the '10, but the guys that installed my speakers do all the cars for the dealers, anywhere from mercedes fiber optic system to the doube din with sync working in a '09 gt, so it should work as long as they come out with the '10 parts. i saw the '09 and it worked like factory, looks nice, having them do mine when parts ready, $800, that's touch screen, nav, backup camera in both mirror and screen, plus dvd player.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by iDance
I may have opted for the lowly six-disk, but the radio/hvac display is all one unit. Unless they are using the navigation's hvac control panel, I don't see any aftermarket panel working like OEM.

My dash is in pieces right now. Pardon the mess.

damn, somebody has to be real stedy with the dremel there. Even then I cant see it being easy with out alot of custom work ($$) being done. IMO the HU is fine, Why not get a couple line out converters, and use those to run the sub,speaker amps? You could get an equalizer and put it in the center console and get even more control than the HU. Plus you still appear stock which means less theft risk.

Quick Reply: Who Has an Aftermarket Stereo and Still Has Sync Control?