Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-15-2015, 07:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

what are common 2005 Mustang Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 08:59 AM
christianb592553

The TBS talking about the popping noise in the front end is a problem I have. When I turn the steering wheel my passanger side pops, what is the problem? I was thinking it was a upper strut mount? And talking about tickets, the first day I bought my car I got a 86 in a 45
Old 03-03-2016, 09:06 AM
christianb592553

Originally Posted by christianb592553
The TBS talking about the popping noise in the front end is a problem I have. When I turn the steering wheel my passanger side pops, what is the problem? I was thinking it was a upper strut mount? And talking about tickets, the first day I bought my car I got a 86 in a 45
Sorry I ment TSB lol
Old 03-17-2016, 09:00 PM
ym42
2nd Gear Member

Had this car since it was new. 180k miles now. Catalytic converter failed, rear differential gasket was replaced, had to deal with infamous passenger side water leak ( easy fix - just manually clean the rubber grommets ), front suspension makes a thud over bumps, clutch master cylinder broke. Not too bad for so many miles! Also, water pools in trunk compartments on right and left sides, down close to the rear wheels. Still driving on original alternator and starter, wow! Oh, nearly forgot - the e-brake froze but it was a cheap fix... PS: tickets? Yes. Last one going 90 on 55. Got 12 points on my DL now... :-(

Last edited by ym42; 03-17-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:03 PM
JudiC

Question Question about my 2005 Mustang Heater

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the Mustang Forum so I hope I'm posting this in the right place! I have a 2005 Mustang Convertible and I've already had the entire electrical panel replaced because the leak issue also happened to me.

I have a new problem that might be something simple to fix if anyone can give me some advice. I had my routine car inspection a couple of weeks ago. The mechanic needed to replace the left blinker light, and the license plate light.

Now, I don't know if this is related, but last night my heater stopped blowing hot air. I really hadn't thought much about it because it's been mild here. But it was a cold rainy night and I had a long cold drive home. So it may have been broken since the inspection.

Is there anything I can look at before I bring it to the repair shop? I'm so afraid of mechanics fiddling with the car because the electrical system gave me so much grief and that leak made the car go haywire.

I'm wondering if when he replaced the blinker light if he might have caused something else to go wrong. Or did the heat stop because it was a cold rainy night? I'm open to any suggestions. I've read that it could be something to do with the fluids or thermostat. The dash levels all read normal and the AC seems to be working fine. I tested that out and it's a little colder than the cold air the heater blows.

Thanks for reading my post! Hope to hear from you soon!
It's cold in Massachusetts!!!!
Old 02-16-2017, 07:21 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JudiC
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the Mustang Forum so I hope I'm posting this in the right place! I have a 2005 Mustang Convertible and I've already had the entire electrical panel replaced because the leak issue also happened to me.

I have a new problem that might be something simple to fix if anyone can give me some advice. I had my routine car inspection a couple of weeks ago. The mechanic needed to replace the left blinker light, and the license plate light.

Now, I don't know if this is related, but last night my heater stopped blowing hot air. I really hadn't thought much about it because it's been mild here. But it was a cold rainy night and I had a long cold drive home. So it may have been broken since the inspection.

Is there anything I can look at before I bring it to the repair shop? I'm so afraid of mechanics fiddling with the car because the electrical system gave me so much grief and that leak made the car go haywire.

I'm wondering if when he replaced the blinker light if he might have caused something else to go wrong. Or did the heat stop because it was a cold rainy night? I'm open to any suggestions. I've read that it could be something to do with the fluids or thermostat. The dash levels all read normal and the AC seems to be working fine. I tested that out and it's a little colder than the cold air the heater blows.

Thanks for reading my post! Hope to hear from you soon!
It's cold in Massachusetts!!!!
Look around under the hood and see if there are any vacuum hoses loose or disconnected. How that might happen?
Old 02-16-2017, 07:26 PM
JudiC

Originally Posted by Tracedaddy
Look around under the hood and see if there are any vacuum hoses loose or disconnected. How that might happen?
Thanks! I'll do that first thing tomorrow!
The heater did blow a little warm air for a few seconds after I turned it off and then back on, but after those few seconds it then went right back to cold. I'll post and see what I find under the hood. Thanks for your reply!
Old 02-16-2017, 09:46 PM
JudiC

I was looking online for a diagram of my engine where the vacuum hoses are supposed to be. I can't find the right image. If anyone can lead me to the right diagram I'd really appreciate it!
Old 02-16-2017, 09:54 PM
JudiC

I'm sorry I'm such a novice here, thanks for your patience. I really want to learn about my car and this is certainly the place for it!!!
Old 02-18-2017, 09:48 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=1
Old 02-19-2017, 04:45 AM
Gravydog316
2nd Gear Member

The cd players are notoriously cheap junk.
Most haven't lasted long.
Mine keeps draining my battery & I have to disconnect the radio fuse.
... the damper control for the vents wear & mine needs servicing (cheap tho)
I have a 2006 coupe.
doing a search for any problems is a good idea, & will give you a heads up of possible future issues.

Quick Reply: what are common 2005 Mustang Problems