Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 OEM 10GB Jukebox waste of time?

Old 02-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

I use SAT radio right now (I had it in my Infiniti G35 because I traveled back and forth from NJ to MD a lot). Once it runs out it runs out, including travel link and traffic. I'm not impressed enough with it all to pay for it. I would rather carry an ipod and load my music slowly onto the internal hard drive. I actually really like channel 15 on sat radio so I have been using the memo feature to save the titles of the music they play on there... Then I write it down, burn a cd of that music then load it on my hard drive... its worked very well and soon I'll get that channel without having to pay for it
Old 02-14-2010, 08:42 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lax07
I use SAT radio right now (I had it in my Infiniti G35 because I traveled back and forth from NJ to MD a lot). Once it runs out it runs out, including travel link and traffic. I'm not impressed enough with it all to pay for it. I would rather carry an ipod and load my music slowly onto the internal hard drive. I actually really like channel 15 on sat radio so I have been using the memo feature to save the titles of the music they play on there... Then I write it down, burn a cd of that music then load it on my hard drive... its worked very well and soon I'll get that channel without having to pay for it
Memo Feature? How does that work?
Old 02-14-2010, 09:14 PM
volcomchester18
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
Only car I ever let be valet is the yukon, after seeing ferris bueller's day off, and all the youtube vids of valets taking sports cars and running them super hard, I either take the yukon or park the vette my self and it will be the same with the mustang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjG8OIieOOw
I agree!! I used to be a valet when I was 18. I drove really nice cars. Including terminators, corvettes, etc. I remember driving a 03 cobra with a KB (Sounded like), I got it up to 100 before parking it. All the valets were really young and stupid around my age and we all beat on the cars.

Last edited by volcomchester18; 02-14-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:00 PM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 8178A
Microsoft Sync supports playlist files that can be located the root of your drive. The play list then has the folder name and the track and it works great. I added the instructions on how to create them on the Microsoft Sync website last year.
Well that sounds pretty cool. I'll go look for your instructions.

Thanks!
Old 02-15-2010, 06:18 AM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

if you have the sat radio up (assuming you have the navigation screen) you will see a button called memo. When you want to save a songs title you hit memo then add song or you can add the artist.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:33 AM
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

Jukebox is a great feature if, like me, you have a large CD collection.

I use the USB to connect my 32GB Zen. My zen has all downloaded music and playlists which are easily played by Sync.

I use Jukebox to store my CD album collection. It gives me quick access to my collection, although it takes some time to build up the data base, but it is worth it.

I agree with the comments on Sat Radio. I seldom use it and will let it expire.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:11 AM
JaggedEdge
1st Gear Member

Question iTunes version 9+ won't play

CD's recorded from iTunes recent versions like 9 will not play bought songs unless you re-rip using a program that eliminates blocks and converts the music files to mp3's. This gives you album art but you cannot copy the music files to jukebox... why the hell not... who knows?

I have a large collection of oldies music (I am old), that I put on a USB thumb drive, about 3 gigs worth and it works for me. I can listen to a specific artist or choose a certain album.
JE
Old 06-11-2010, 09:41 PM
martingz

douglasland, I know you posted this a long time ago, but I'm going to reply because I know these forums are looked at by those who care. I agree with your thoughts on the jukebox. First off there is like a 20-30G gracenote database on the drive - since almost all of us now rip our CD's and/or buy MP3's online - that meta data is in the files. If the drive would accept MP3 uploads, there wouldn't be the need for the gracenote database - freeing up another 20G. It takes so long to Rip a CD in the car, it really is not useful. Like you said, if you purchase your music online, you'd have to burn to a CD first. I really wish Ford would reconsider that model and if possible offer an update that would remove the GN database and allow direct upload to the hard drive. As for all the talk regarding players via the USB port, I tried a number ... Zen, Sony, Sansa...etc. What worked the best for me was a straight USB stick - the media player indexed it all just fine. And this little adapter really was perfect for keeping the space open, by bending the sick down.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:48 AM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for posting. I've moved on and am pretty pleased with dedicating an iPod to the car.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:05 AM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I bought a Kingston 32GB stick from Woot a couple weeks ago for dirt cheap. That's enough for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 OEM 10GB Jukebox waste of time?