Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05-09 vs 10-present

Old 02-28-2010, 09:13 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by omarV6
wow you certainly love vista blue!
actually my favorite shade is 1969 Acaulco Blue- our 69 has that with the black wing/slats, just love that combo

We went to the Cleveland auto show tonight, sat in a few new models including the mustang of course...even love the interior more after 'trying it on', excellent job there. I really think that is the best looking steering wheel I have ever seen. the new V6 /pony nose looks awesome- still hate that rearend- sorry, but afraid its simply never going to grow on me at all...yes, enough if someone offered me a free 2011 5.0 or a 05 4.6, I'd take the 05. Hope they sell a bunch of them, but it wont be here.
Did see the GT500 has lost that foot of black plastic jutting out below the bumper, but still, no thanks...

The camaro? well IMO it felt claustrophobic- the roof 'feels' like youre gonna hit your head on it, the steering wheel is not only fugly, but too small, and the instrument pods seem tiny when youre seated there looking at them...just felt like a huge black box with a tiny wheel in front of tiny gages- when seated the door seems insanely high and the roof insanely low- sorry but nothing nice at all to say about the interior...dont care if its got 1000 hp, if it dont 'feel right' no thanks...that car has a ton of potential, but GM really totally dropped the ball on the interior...the front bumper is comical looking to me, and the rear not much better...had they recessed a 69 RS-ish looking nose and wider(first generation-ish) taillamps it would look far more camaro-like, but the high beltline/low roofline are gonna limit a lot of sales no matter how it looks...I watched 3 people get in/out, wish I woulda recorded it...one lady was talking about how cool it looked, yadda, yadda, yadda, and went to sit in it- looked like a contortionist trying to get in, couldnt hear all she was saying but her rather marge simpson hairdo was hitting the top of the door opening in and out, her hubby went to get in and I thought he was going to get stuck...another guy with them looked like he'd done it before, but still awkward looking...then my turn came, all I could think was, if it was sitting where the 09 mustang is in the garage where I cant fully open the door, there is zero chance I woulda got my butt in that camaro's seat...no way. even wide open its oddly awkward to get into.

the Challenger? there was a plum crazy R/T there, and MAN does that car look 'right'. the seats/interior/controls all fit and look great, although its size makes it seem double scale or something, when seated, it felt like it should- decent visibility, everything in the right places...oddest thing about the freaking mammoth sized car- it actually appears to have less rear legroom than our mustangs??? I slid the seats forward so they werent right up against the rear seat(?!?!) and had the kids crawl in, they said it felt roomy compared to the mustang- yet their knees were still touching the front seat...can only guess due to the lack of the console projecting to he rear seat on the mustang, and the mustangs 'sunken' seats, but to me it sure looked tight...however I'm not a kid that has to sit back there, so gotta take their word for it the rear seats are fine- entry/exit though was noticably difficult from the rear seats...other than the 'apparent' lack of rear legroom, and Chryslers kinda notorious reputation for problems, gotta say that is one great car.

Ford should be glad government motors didnt ask Mopars design guys for some pointers

if the new mustangs back end was different, I might say otherwise, but honestly right now IMO the Challenger is the best looking American car out there today...if GM rethought some of the camaros details, it could be up there, but as-is, gotta say other than side profile and horsepower, it does nothing for me...and to the folks that thought the 05 mustang had a cheep interior- go sit in a camaro and then get back with us on that
Attached Thumbnails 05-09 vs 10-present-2011-v6-nose.jpg   05-09 vs 10-present-2011-challenger.jpg  

Last edited by ford4v429; 02-28-2010 at 10:26 PM.