Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD experience with GT500 Spoiler from "thespoilerstore"

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 08:05 PM
07gtdude
2nd Gear Member

They are offering to return that one at no cost to you and replace it with another one that they wont send you until they inspect it. Whats the complaint? I understand that you aren't happy the first one wasn't correct but they are trying to make it right. Give them a chance to make it right before you throw the towel in on them or think they are practicing shady business techniques.

For what its worth, I ordered my GT500 spoiler from them and it was perfect. But then again we are paying ONLY $90 for a painted GT500 replica spoiler that would be HUNDREDS more if it was OEM plus painted to match. Sometimes when you buy the cheapest product, you take a risk of it not always being perfect.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

I would much rather deal with a place that tells me there will be a bit of a wait for something than a place that tells me they are going to get on it immediately and then do not.

After all, your car is not out of service and stuck in a repair shop. Just be patient and give them a chance to do the right thing for you.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:32 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I don't think they are trying to cheat you. Heck if they are paying for you to send it back, in a way you are cheating them.
Just send it back and they will take care of you.
I bought my daughter's spoiler for her car and there was nothing wrong with it. Maybe they painted yours on a Friday.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:37 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I understand why the OP is upset. It has to be disappointing to order a new part for the car, only to receive it, and it be less than acceptable. He is not the first one to have issues with the Spoiler Store. Many others have had complaints too. It is great they are willing to work with the customer, but it would be AWESOME if the issues weren't there to begin with.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:45 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

It's not just the SpoilerStore, but just about any company can send out items or products that might have a defect in them. Look at our Mustangs.....how many defects and imperfections have we found in our cars?
When things are massed produced, once in a while an error will occur. As long as the company is willing to stand by their product, then no harm.....we are all humans and thus we are far from being perfect.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:20 PM
mykim72
2nd Gear Member

at least they taking care of you...good luck
Old 02-23-2010, 11:22 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
I understand why the OP is upset. It has to be disappointing to order a new part for the car, only to receive it, and it be less than acceptable. He is not the first one to have issues with the Spoiler Store. Many others have had complaints too. It is great they are willing to work with the customer, but it would be AWESOME if the issues weren't there to begin with.
I understand being upset too. However joining a forum for the sole purpose to blast a company that is doing right by him is bullsh1t. Come on, have you never made a mistake? They are going to fix it on thier dime, they told you the truth about maybe not being able to drop everything and fix it immediatly, what else could you want from them?

Last edited by howarmat; 02-23-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:43 PM
JT1826

Originally Posted by bluovalguy
I understand being upset too. However joining a forum for the sole purpose to blast a company that is doing right by him is bullsh1t. Come on, have you never made a mistake? They are going to fix it on thier dime, they told you the truth about maybe not being able to drop everything and fix it immediatly, what else could you want from them?
i appreciate ur reply but i'd like to correct u on a few things.

1. i did NOT join this forum for blasting them. look at my join date, i joined back in Dec. its February-goin into March.

2. yea they "seem" to be going to fix the problem, HOWEVER this is after nearly arguing with them about honoring their warranty. i had to literally convince them that it was "defective". it wasnt hey the spoiler is way below expectations, and they were like oh no prob. we'll make things right. send it back. it was more of a back n forth, it was nice at first, however it ended up getting frustrating cuz they seemed to not want to do anything about it. so the reason they are goin to now "inspect" it, is cuz i had to pretty much convince them to do so.

sorry if i came off like i wanted to blast them. it was jus me probably looking too much into the situation, and well being upset at how things started off. i did have high expectation from all the great reviews from everyone, only to be let down. but i'm still trying to be fair. i didnt leave any feedback yet. i plan on leaving positive feedback so to not hurt their good reputation on ebay. and if i have to i'll only comment on the final product. i dont have to be a d**k and mention how the first spoiler or however many it end up being were crap, i'll just simply comment on the good one i receive, that is assuming i get lucky and actually get a nice one. my luck hasnt been too good as of lately. hopefully things change.

a little off topic, i didnt realize the GT500 spoilers looked like that when off the car lol. not to mention that i didnt realize the spoiler is almost 6ft long. i was like OMFG, no way will that fit on the back of my car. sure surprised me.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:57 AM
evil06gt
1st Gear Member

If i could go back i would of just saved my money instead of buying from the spoiler store . Bought a spoiler from them last year, it looked good before installing it about a week after i noticed that at certain angles it looks to be very wavy. Since it was installed already i decided to just take the loss as a lesson learned.

the red circle is the wave, its on both sides of the spoiler

for a better picture without the circle
Old 02-24-2010, 05:13 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

If I decide not to buy from them who else is there?

Quick Reply: BAD experience with GT500 Spoiler from "thespoilerstore"