Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD experience with GT500 Spoiler from "thespoilerstore"

Old 02-24-2010, 08:39 PM
CWyler
3rd Gear Member

All Is good, where in KY you from?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:59 PM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

I got mine from the spoiler store and paint match was spot on but the finish left something to be desired. The good thing though was it has plenty of clear coat so you can wet sand w/ 2000 grit and rub it out w/ a 3M polishing material. A helpful hint... when you pull on the red backing from the 3M tape don't take it off just pull it off enough so as to protrude out the side of the spoiler. Do that at all the ends and when your ready place down carefully so its barely sticking, make sure its where you want it. Now pull the backing out from under spoiler and then press down like hell...lol
Old 02-24-2010, 09:07 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JT1826
i originally wanted to go with the roush spoiler but i just cant cope with drilling holes into the side, therefore making the spoiler permanent.
Actually, I read in another thread, sorry, can't remember which one, but Pascal recommended just using double sided tape for the sides and not to drill the holes to keep it in place. If done correctly, it will still support with no problems. Anyways, if you're still interested in going back to Roush, you can PM him about how to do it.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:42 PM
JT1826

Originally Posted by alkemist
WAIT!!! Wait.. wait...
The chip is a joke....
What you need is a custom tune, not a chip. They were just goofing around.

LOL @ the ebay post though.
Thanks for the heads-up but i kno it's a joke, that's why i went on to say that i might as well think about picking up a 2ft high spoiler. lol.

come on now, i'm not that gullible lol

. . . . at least i dont think
Old 02-24-2010, 09:45 PM
JT1826

Originally Posted by CWyler
All Is good, where in KY you from?
sorry i forgot, Thanks for the welcoming!

Me, i'm actually from Ohio, but i'm currently residing in Northern Kentucky, close to Cincinnati, OH.

What about you?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:45 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JT1826
Thanks for the heads-up but i kno it's a joke, that's why i went on to say that i might as well think about picking up a 2ft high spoiler. lol.

come on now, i'm not that gullible lol

. . . . at least i dont think
lol, guess that's what happens when I drink and read. I miss a few things

well, for a good laugh as to why I jumped in.. this gets circulated quite a bit lol.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...-this-car.html
Old 02-25-2010, 10:43 PM
JT1826

Originally Posted by alkemist
lol, guess that's what happens when I drink and read. I miss a few things

well, for a good laugh as to why I jumped in.. this gets circulated quite a bit lol.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...-this-car.html
. . . . . . . he cant be serious. . . . .

Really. . . . ?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:43 PM
RoushGT 1
2nd Gear Member

Welcome! I'm from Northern Ky. myself. you should join the local stang site if you haven't already. pm me if you're interested.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:59 PM
JT1826

well today's the day i finally receive the new spoiler. i'm hoping that it'll be exceptional. . . . but all i can do is hope and keep my fingers crossed.

**UPDATE**

well the spoiler just got here and after examining it, it too has slight dings in it however not nearly as many but still noticeable.

i'm not really advanced when it comes to painting nor do i really have any experience professionally so i'm not sure what the correct terminology for defects are. i read someone mentioning fish-eyes.

this might be what it is, i'm not sure. but they look like indentions in the paint.

i'm not really sure if i should keep this one or not, i'm really debating on it. i get tired of having to deal with this. quite a pain really. so i'll think about it and observe it a little more.

Last edited by JT1826; 03-02-2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: need to update
Old 03-02-2010, 03:02 PM
JT1826

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
Minor issue eh? You've been on this forum a little while....you are aware how the search button feature operates. Try using it and see for yourself how many people have had issues with these spoilers prior to this person.

If you want to argue back and forth with me personally over this, so be it. These may be "cheap" spoilers, but $90 is $90. I believe a company should live up to its stated/advertised claims.

Ask Toyota about how minor quality control is.....
i wish i would have searched more before buying from them bcuz now i'm pretty much out $120. the 2nd spoiler i received has fish-eyes in the paint, which was confirmed by my neighbor since he used to paint. he explained to me what it is and said that since they said there is a 3yr warranty on PAINT DEFECTS, they should replace it with one without fish-eyes (which was also said by a member here who replied on the 1st page). sucks bcuz i had sum1 who was going to sell me a OEM GT500 spoiler for $150 that was in primer. i really dont have the money for a decent QUALITY paint job, so i decided to go with thespoilerstore. however they proved to be more of a pain than it was worth. if i could go back, i'd definitely buy the spoiler from the guy at the dealer. now i gotta deal with a spoiler that has fish-eyes present.

i already notified them with the condition of the spoiler and from what my neighbor has concluded is that thespoilerstore DOES NOT inspect these spoilers. if they do, they dont do it THOROUGHLY, probably a walk by glance inspection if any.

and like SaddleUp said, i agree with $90. . . well $120 total as promised by the advertising that they do should be of good enough quality. and since the fish-eyes are indeed a fault on their part for NOT properly inspecting the spoilers when and during the painting process, should be subject to being replaced with a spoiler that underwent the PROPER procedures and insurances.

well like i said, i contacted them in regards and was answered with the following reply:

Dear jt18260,

I think your expectations are too high for a spoiler that is painted to normal factory standards. I think you will need to have a pro body shop that specializes in show car finishes and have them make it perfect but get ready to pay the big bucks. I already sold and installed the spoiler that you sent back and that customer was smiling ear to ear with happiness about his new spoiler.

Thanks, Travis

- thespoilerstore

now i know ANYTHING'S possible but i'd really like to know how they sold and already installed a spoiler that they received at 1:57PM today (according to FEDEX)???? i HIGHLY DOUBT that this is true. and what really irritates me is that i NEVER said i want it to be 100% ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!! I NEVER said anything about having one with a perfect finish, with a mirrored finish with not a single swirl mark/fine scratch.

all i expect is to have a SMOOTH spoiler, that is properly color matched (not an issue at all), and has a smooth finish. THAT'S IT!!! i want one with NO FISH-EYES, NO DENTS AND DINGS, AND NO DEEP SCRATCHES/CHIPS IN THE PAINT. How is that too much to ask???? spoilers will have "fine" scratches in them like this one, its just something that happens both naturally and over time. if that bothered me so much, i'd order sum Zaino products to remove the swirl marks/fine scratches. no big deal. and for them to say it meets factory standards is BS. i know for a fact, that my factory spoiler is of FAR SUPERIOR quality than that of their spoilers, atleast the ones they've sent me.

and come on, seriously? i PERSONALLY seen that spoiler and observed it, there is NO way someone would EVER be happy with that 1st spoiler. the 2nd one they sent me could pass if someone really just didnt care too much, but the 1st one, i'd say was not sellable. they didnt even say they repaired anything on the 1st one, so them selling it as is, in my eyes, just not believable. if they did indeed sell it in like 2 hours, then that person must have been just standing back looking at it from a distance. once they get up close and actually look at it, i can guarantee their disappointment.

so much for their customer service, i'd say not so good. but it's whatever. i'm going to see if i can talk them into sending me 1 more, (3rd time's the charm maybe?), and see if they can include a return label with that one so that i can compare the 2 and choose which ever is of better quality. if both are similar then i'll just take one and send the other back, and be done with it.

LOL i have terrible patience when things arent done right, especially after giving a 2nd chance to make things right.

well, if anyone has any suggestions as to what i should do or say, shoot them at me. any help is appreciated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BAD experience with GT500 Spoiler from "thespoilerstore"