Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD experience with GT500 Spoiler from "thespoilerstore"

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 10:41 AM
akiba17
Not 100% a dick

Ill second the spoilerless look
Old 03-03-2010, 11:16 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

You could just be having terrible luck. Don't know what else to say. Will they just refund it? I wouldn't want a poorly painted piece on my car either, even though I probably D0 *cough* bumper *cough*. Worse case senerio, sell it and recoup some of your losses.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:55 PM
JT1826

Originally Posted by SpookyStang
I think I'll stick with none.

To the OP: it sucks that you are going through this. I hate to say it, but if the dings on the spoiler you just received aren't that noticable, just install it and hope no one notices. Chances are, no one will notice, anyway. I notice things on my car that no one else does, haha.

In regards to the most recent reply, if someone sent me something that snide, I'd report them to the BBB.

Good luck.
OMG! ok i definitely kno i'm having bad luck here, i just seen one on a mustang while i was at work and i commented on it, and asked if it was OEM, the guy said no he bought it from a "vendor" called "thespoilerstore" with no spaces. i asked off ebay and he said yes. i was like no way. same here. but i've been having probs with mine. i told him about the presence of defects on mine and he asked to see it. so i pulled it out of my passenger seat (the box is still in my car from when i went to the body shop to get it inspected for a second opinion), and we placed it across his decklid near his spoiler so that we could compare the 2. AND HOLY **** let me tell u, these ppl CAN provide beyond perfect spoilers! his was literally the definition of perfect. he laughed a bit, and said i'm having problems with fish-eyes huh. i'm like see it is noticeable. he told me to bother them and get them to send me one with a return label and pick between the 2. thats about the best it'll get. well i'm already doing that lol.

hopefully i can somehow convince them to meet my request. if they do that much then i really cant complain anymore. i'm hoping the 3rd they send me is a true example of wat they can make. cuz i gotta say, that the one i seen was just amazing! i need to go pick up my camera and start carrying that on me. u wouldnt believe the difference. outside u can see the difference like nothing. but inside its a lil hard to see due to lighting. u dont even have to be up on it the spoiler, just walking by the car at a short distance, will reveal the fish-eyes. i STILL cant believe how nice his was.

hopefully they try to make this right.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Sam I am
2nd Gear Member

I'm sorry for your problems, but can you please type in English? My head hurts.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:08 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

just buy the $60 unpainted one and have a shop paint it
Old 03-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

Or buy painted and have it detailed real nice
Old 03-04-2010, 08:24 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Let those that are cheap, remain cheap. Lol.

Go to another vendor. These people suck a**.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:37 AM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

U do realize, your calling him cheap. Because he bought a $90 spoiler. Still expecting it to be perfect. Even though, a painter, said $90 would be about material cost.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:37 AM
JT1826

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
Let those that are cheap, remain cheap. Lol.

Go to another vendor. These people suck a**.
but who else is there?

and how much would it cost to get a paint job for the unpainted spoiler similar to the one on the painted spoiler?

like 3 coats of pain and 2 of clear? i've never painted anything. i've always done performance mods and kept the "sleeper" look. This was my first exterior mod really.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

people don't seem to realize it, but not everyone can swing three hundo on a spoiler....college is expensive

Quick Reply: BAD experience with GT500 Spoiler from "thespoilerstore"