Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I take a even trade for a 03 Viper?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 06:37 PM
MustangGTpurist

owning a viper is a bit like owning a pet tiger, cool to have, until it rips your face off. keep the stang.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:15 AM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT Premi
Or more likely it was just a lie and he was just fishing for compliments on his Mustang. Personally, I find it extremely unlikely that anybody in their right mind is going to do an "even trade" of a friggin' Viper for a (riced out, IMO) Mustang! Fast Mustang or not.

If it is true, then he'd be crazy to do the deal because that Viper is probably a piece of crap maintenance money pit. That's the only way I can even fathom someone would do an even trade of a Viper for a Mustang, unless it's an original classic Mustang, i.e. Shelby, Boss, etc.

Originally Posted by GT Premi
It's not contradicting in the least if you actually put some thought into it.

A) If the Viper is in good/great condition, yes, the Viper owner would be stupid to do an even trade for a Mustang; unless, like I said, it's a classic/special edition Mustang (from the 60s/early-70s), i.e. Boss, Shelby, etc.

B) The Mustang guy would be crazy to do the swap (without thoroughly inspecting the Viper and taking it to a qualified shop) because what guy in his right mind is going to trade a properly operating, good/great condition Viper for a Mustang for no other reason than to get rid of a problem child of a car?

Where's the contradiction?

Well in the other post you werent very clear, just very negative. Of course he would be stupid to trade without an inspection, but the same goes for ANY used vehicle purchase or trade. In your 1st post you just said the mustang guy would be crazy to trade, didnt elaborate.

If you are doing the trade, then a through inspection and long test drive is mandatory . GT Premi, maybe YOU would never do a trade for a cheap ol "rustang", but at the same time you called his AMAZING looking Screaming kennebell stang "rice", so your opinion on taste/looks doesn't really count here.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:29 PM
usmcpony
1st Gear Member

Ive given it a few days and to be honest I like Vipers but its not the one I want. I want a blue coupe with silver stripes. One day I want to trade for the 03 and the next I dont want to. He isnt going to get sell it anytime soon so Im going to give some more thought. I have to many cars anyway. So the plan is to sell my 04 Cobra, built 88 GT, my 93 LX along with my 07 and get newer/nicer one.