Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best rear decklid panel

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 10:53 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

LOL!! That was posted before I had coffee

Better stay away from cold water
Old 03-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Elanor05
1st Gear Member

I like DG but you have to remove the fake gas cap in the back. IMO i don't like the cap whens its not functional. Here is a pic im getting mine this week as well.

http://www.ninosport.com/PhotoDetail...ductCode=46080
Old 03-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Elanor05
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Elanor05
I like DG but you have to remove the fake gas cap in the back. IMO i don't like the cap whens its not functional. Here is a pic im getting mine this week as well.

http://www.ninosport.com/PhotoDetail...ductCode=46080
The pic is for rear diffusor but the rear decklid is what Im talking about
Old 03-07-2010, 11:02 AM
JT1826

Originally Posted by pascal
This is the best looking one with the SHR IMO.
Just don't know why Stack Racing put it out when the car is no longer made...
It's a good thing for Marcello, I guess.
i was considering the Stacks racing panel but SHR told me they are cheap and are just a knockoff off their honeycomb panel. they went on and on.

they got pretty "nasty" with it. thats wat turned me away from it. after reading everything they said. i've seen pix of it and by the passenger side taillight, the gap between the panel and the taillight seems NOTICEABLY different than the other side. so it seems that it's uneven. however i have not seen this present with the SHR Honeycomb Panel. . . .

any info on these 2. and anything known about Stacks Racing? they just popped up outta nowhere one day.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:07 AM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JT1826
i was considering the Stacks racing panel but SHR told me they are cheap and are just a knockoff off their honeycomb panel. they went on and on.

they got pretty "nasty" with it. thats wat turned me away from it. after reading everything they said. i've seen pix of it and by the passenger side taillight, the gap between the panel and the taillight seems NOTICEABLY different than the other side. so it seems that it's uneven. however i have not seen this present with the SHR Honeycomb Panel. . . .

any info on these 2. and anything known about Stacks Racing? they just popped up outta nowhere one day.
Sounds like a little manufacturer bashing

I have the Stack Racing product here and it looks as good as any of the others we carry.

If you want to try one out I'll take it back if it does not meet your expectations.

Like I said, we have sold a few of them already and have not had any complaints.

http://www.southernmustangparts.com/...nel-p-678.html

Ken
Old 03-07-2010, 11:09 AM
nottey4.6
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
I park my car outside and it withstood the summer heat here, which can get up to high 90's-100's and was fine. It seemed like cold was the issue that made it shrink..
HAHA. Yea! That will happen!
EDIT: As soon as i saw it I went straight to the quote button. I got beat big time!

Last edited by nottey4.6; 03-07-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:43 AM
kjbnastynati51

Originally Posted by JT1826

My stack racing fits perfect both sides have the same amount of gap.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:04 PM
RichieCal
2nd Gear Member

Default rear panel

This is the best rear panel I've seen, but don't know where to buy it..it looks like a stainless steel panel..American muscle web site..look at the 5th car in the top row..http://customerpics.americanmuscle.c....php?sku=52020
Old 03-07-2010, 12:36 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

^ That is pretty unique. Doesn't roll up the top though. I noticed that in CF panels too.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:24 PM
satur9poet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fred Malibu
Lotsa options out there man: CDC, SHR, Magnet, Gloss Vinyl.. You'll find them if you do searches. Some remove the trunk badge, some don't.

I had magnetic for a long time, and just recently went SHR.. no pics of the new one yet, and the best rear shot I got is from '08..

Ultimately it's up you which on you like best--some don't like it at all.
I also have the magnetic panel and chrome taillight trim combo--love the look! From the angle of your pic it looks like part of the trim on the driver's side broke off? How did that happen?

Quick Reply: best rear decklid panel