Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Guy! Pics of my Mustang..

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 09:30 AM
ryangm0

Thanks guys! I love all the ideas man its so hard to choose from! lol. I'll get back to you guys later, I actually have to head off to work (first day I'm really nervous)!! ahh k catch you guys later.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:50 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Nothing like strolling to work in your new stang
Old 03-17-2010, 11:40 AM
wbk_viper
1st Gear Member

Another vote to lose the door guard...do it yesterday.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:30 PM
ryangm0

yeah first day blowed lol. but idk maybe if i try and convince my parents to let me do it they might lol
Old 03-17-2010, 06:46 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fakesnake
Or if you are a fool like all of us, mod yourself into a Shelby Terlingua tribute car, complete with 15 K in mods that you will never get out of the car. I think I am up to $55k, I guess I could get $35k. Have fun
anyone is a "fool" if they think they'll get back 100% of the money they've invested into ANY car
Old 03-17-2010, 06:50 PM
fakesnake
2nd Gear Member

I had some good luck with a Triumph TR4A IRS and Jaguar XK 140 MC that I restored, but got "killed on a '66 GT 350 Tribute and of my latest "Investment" is not going to do too well. However I knew that going in and so I don't want to sell it. That is until some other silly toy takes me into modville.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:03 PM
bm2088hp
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forum Ryan! Thats a really nice stang, Congrats! If you want to change the appearance of the car than deff. get new rims. If you want the most performance for your money than go with the cold air intake/tune combo. This will cost you between $500-$600 and you can do the install yourself. Good luck
Old 03-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Esch
1st Gear Member

Congratulations on the new ride! I know how you feel about having a car like that at your age... I bought my first (used) car when I was 18, it was a 1996 V6 in red. Coincidentally, one of the first things I did to it was rims... black bullitts (had the polished lip). The one mod I had before that was dual exhaust, I did that pretty much right away. For a V6 like the one you've got, I think exhaust and rims will make a huge difference. My mindset was to put more money into the appearance as opposed to performance. Your car is obviously much quicker than the 150HP slug I used to drive though. Cold air intake and exhaust were the extent of my go-fast mods, the rest was put into making it look nice. My goal was to keep that car through my high school/college years, have fun with it, mod it, then get a newer more powerful car years down the road... and that's what I have now. Good luck with it, and enjoy it!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:32 PM
ryangm0

Thanks guys! I'm really interested in seeing if I could get rid of the door guard, get a smaller antenna (btw, does this affect the quality of radio?), and MAYBE a cold air intake for more horsepower.

Until then I'm gonna be debating if I should get BLACK rims *does anyone think they would look good on my car? Or get better looking chrome rims?* If so can anyone find me a link to some suggested rims they think would look best for me?

It'd be even better if someone can find me the rim demensions of a stock v6 2007 Mustang.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:44 PM
bm2088hp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ryangm0
Thanks guys! I'm really interested in seeing if I could get rid of the door guard, get a smaller antenna (btw, does this affect the quality of radio?), and MAYBE a cold air intake for more horsepower.

Until then I'm gonna be debating if I should get BLACK rims *does anyone think they would look good on my car? Or get better looking chrome rims?* If so can anyone find me a link to some suggested rims they think would look best for me?

It'd be even better if someone can find me the rim demensions of a stock v6 2007 Mustang.
I made my own shorty antenna (14"), saved me a couple of $ and it was a fun project. The quality of the radio did not change at all. Here is the link:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...y-antenna.html

As far as the rims go, since you car is silver, IMO I would stick with chrome rims. You could always use photoshop and see how different rims fit your car and which ones you like the best. Check out americanmuscle.com for some ideas.

Quick Reply: New Guy! Pics of my Mustang..