Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Guy! Pics of my Mustang..

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 05:39 PM
ryangm0

Talking New Guy! Pics of my Mustang..

Hello everyone! My name is Ryan (hence the ryangm0 lol) and I'm 17 years old and having my FIRST car ever to be a V6 07 Silver Mustang!

Now I'm not really sure of what I should do with my car but I'm thinking about getting black rims? I'd really like some input/suggestions on what I should add to it. If you DO give me a suggestion also give me an estimate on how much your suggestion would cost!

Here are some pictures...

I look forward to replies!!!!! Thanks!

By the way, I've had this car for 8 months now. These are just pics of right when I brought it home from the dealership. I've changed nothing exterior or interior yet.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Grats on the car.

Wheels are definatly a good start but can get very expensive very easily. Consider a tune/cold air intake as well (likely cheaper too, intake $150 and tune $100? Its been awhile, I'm not positive on the typical price). Immediate performance improvement that will make the car a TON more fun and responsive.

If you decide to do the Bullett wheels that come stock on GT's, lemme know (though they are the chrome ones). I also live in Missouri (Kansas City) so we could likely hook up semi easily I'd imagine. Also, I'd consider removing the door guard thats stuck on the doors and just park far away to avoid door dings. Its a much cleaner look IMO. Just would require some sort of heat gun to remove and should be a great improvement looks wise.

Andretti

Last edited by Andretti; 03-16-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:49 PM
ryangm0

I did have to change wheels because the front wheels had terrible traction. But could you be more specific on performance improvements? And I absolutely hate the look of the rims (aka v6 stock I believe?) So idk if it's possible to change the size and I like the rims to have them a little spaced out if that makes sense haha.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ryangm0
I did have to change wheels because the front wheels had terrible traction. But could you be more specific on performance improvements? And I absolutely hate the look of the rims (aka v6 stock I believe?) So idk if it's possible to change the size and I like the rims to have them a little spaced out if that makes sense haha.
performance improvement:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/cnl-cai-0509v6.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/sct-x3...ash-tuner.html

You can certainly find the cold air intake other places....as far as tunes go, I have the one from here and I think the tuner who does the work there is a friggin genious, though others have complete confidence in their tuner as well. So thats more of a personal choice. Also, knowing its for 'life', that helps me even more since I've made changes and am considering more (supercharger, hot rod cams, long tubes...etc).

Andretti
Old 03-16-2010, 06:02 PM
ryangm0

Okay I'll definitely check these out. I just got hired for a job I believe it's $8 an hour so I'd for sure need to save up before I'll take any actions on anything.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ryangm0
Okay I'll definitely check these out. I just got hired for a job I believe it's $8 an hour so I'd for sure need to save up before I'll take any actions on anything.
yeah, you definately may want to think and plan out everything be doing ANYTHING. Do you want more performance stuff first, or are the 'looks' more important at this point? Thats the question you need to answer for yourself first. Wheels are awesome but you wil likely have to put up some big money for most 20" wheels if thats what your considering. I did spoiler and window louvers initially since I really liked the stock wheels. I then striped mine (vinyl initially) and then started on performance with the intake, the tune and axleback exhaust. From that point on, it was 'looks' I dealt with mostly. New wheels, then new hood and front end and all the changes associated with those modifications. Check my signature for all the mods I've done thus far.

I went from a every option stock GT:

to this now:

Do what you want and works out best for you. You've got a really good looking car to start with so take your time and be smart with your money...Modding can get expensive. Welcome to the board.

Andretti

Last edited by Andretti; 03-16-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:21 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

. nice car man congrats. i would def get some rims with nice wide tires. is your car a manual if so then get short throw shifter which would run like 200 bucks
Old 03-16-2010, 07:43 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

welcome, Ryan.
nice ride!
rims and tires are always a good start.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:03 PM
ryangm0

Thanks guys! Damn that's a sick mustang! and to the others, its automatic. Not manual. But I'm really into looks right now. But i found that if you have 'looks' a lot of people will be tempted to race you and make you look embarrassed if you do actually lose lol. So hm...
Old 03-16-2010, 08:40 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the ride.

Quick Reply: New Guy! Pics of my Mustang..